About MCE Register read

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kkkkjeong
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First solution authored First like received

Hi 
I ask questions every day.
Thank you for your reply.

I want to read register Rs.
So i sent message 
(hex) 01 05 01 27 00 00 FE D3
- node addr : 01
- command : 05
- app id : 01
- register id : 39(0x27)
- checksum : fe de

But MCE gives me an answer as below.

01 C5 01 27 00 00 FE 13

What is mean Command C5?
And register value is 00 00.

Several other register is same response what MCE command C5.

And PCF_Command
tx : 01 06 03 52 01 00 FB A7 (pfc on)
rx : 01 C6 03 52 00 00 FC E7  (pfc off)

Help for me.
Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @kkkkjeong,

Sorry for the delay in response

There have been some changes to the APP ID/Register ID in the new firmware.

Please follow the below steps for finding the register ID in iMOTION Solution Designer Firmware 5.01.

• APP IDs and Register IDs are currently only found in the parameter reference manual that is only accessible within the Solution Designer tool which you can open by clicking the “?” button that is always visible in the top right corner of the window.
  • Krupashankar_0-1680260571111.png

• You can then find the IDs for each parameter by double-clicking the parameter and referring to the “index” which consists of three bytes.
  • The first byte is always 0, then the second byte is the APP ID, and the third byte is the Register ID.

Please follow the above steps to find the register ID and use the USER UART protocol commands to get the reply.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @kkkkjeong,

Can you please tell us the following

• Which tool is being used to program the iMOTION Device (iMOTION solution Designer or MCE Designer)?
  • Firmware version of MCE?

This USER UART protocol mentioned in the iMOTION™ Motion Control Engine Software Reference Manual   is valid only with MCE Designer and MCE wizard for older firmware version V1.03.03.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
  • Which tool is being used to program the iMOTION Device (iMOTION solution Designer or MCE Designer)?
    -> iMOTION solution Designer

• Firmware version of MCE?
    -> How to check firmware version of MCE?
    kkkkjeong_0-1678943562062.pngkkkkjeong_0-1678945910236.pngkkkkjeong_0-1678950776702.png

• This USER UART protocol mentioned in the iMOTION™ Motion Control Engine Software Reference Manual   is valid only with MCE Designer and MCE wizard for older firmware version V1.03.03.
    -> Which protocol map should iMOTION Solution Designer follow?
0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @kkkkjeong,

For iMOTION solution designer USER UART protocol commands, we have forwarded the query to our internal team. We will provide a response as soon as we get an update from our internal team. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Hi 
Can i get update update news?

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @kkkkjeong,

Sorry for the delay in response

There have been some changes to the APP ID/Register ID in the new firmware.

Please follow the below steps for finding the register ID in iMOTION Solution Designer Firmware 5.01.

• APP IDs and Register IDs are currently only found in the parameter reference manual that is only accessible within the Solution Designer tool which you can open by clicking the “?” button that is always visible in the top right corner of the window.
  • Krupashankar_0-1680260571111.png

• You can then find the IDs for each parameter by double-clicking the parameter and referring to the “index” which consists of three bytes.
  • The first byte is always 0, then the second byte is the APP ID, and the third byte is the Register ID.

Please follow the above steps to find the register ID and use the USER UART protocol commands to get the reply.

Thanks,

Krupashankar