Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SG-O
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First like received First reply posted

I'm trying to install ModusToolbox on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04) but I fail to get past the login process.
I originally posted a reply to this thread as it looked similar to my issue but was asked to create a new thread instead.

I downloaded "ModusToolboxSetupInstaller_1.0.0.468_linux_x64.deb" from softwaretools.infineon.com and launched it.

I get the following log messages:

LoginError1.png

After clicking on "Login" nothing happens and I get the following log:

LoginError2.png

I don't know how to solve this issue as I don't even see a login prompt. I only get the error "Error: Failed to Login: 'process failed to start'"

0 Likes
5 Replies
feedc0de
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted Welcome!

Exactly the same problem here, with Linux Mint 20 based on Ubuntu 20.04.

Whatever may be broken with launching that login process -

What about not preventing anon users from downloading files (from Github)?

Thank you for your consideration!

ClarkJarvis
Employee
Employee
25 likes received 5 solutions authored 10 replies posted

The ModusToolbox Setup tool requires users to log-in.  This is the same log-in that has previous been in place when downloading the installation files directly from the Infineon Developer Center.

The log-in is presented within the new ModusToolbox Setup tool to enable downloading of the installers directly from Infineon's web and for being able to provide controlled content to approved users.

There do appear to be some instances where the log-in process is not seamless, and we are investigating what may be causing this.  

A few things to try:

1) Restart the Infineon Launcher Service (either a computer reboot or killing the task directly)

2) Confirm that you can access and log into: https://softwaretools.infineon.com/

3) Bypass the ModusToolbox Setup tool and download the installation packs directly: https://www.infineon.com/ModusToolboxOfflineInstall

For option 3, please note you need to install both the ModusToolbox installation pack and ModusToolbox Programming Tools

0 Likes
MuhammadNanda_K
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hello @SG-O,

Have you try workarounds as suggested by @ClarkJarvis  ?

I would like to hearing back your current status on this issue.

Best regards,
Muhammad Nanda

0 Likes
MuhammadNanda_K

Hello @SG-O ,

May you kindly update your status on this issue ?

I will lock this discussion thread if no more discussion on this.

Best regards,
Muhammad Nanda

0 Likes
MuhammadNanda_K

Hello @SG-O,

If  no more discussion on this, I will lock this discussion thread on some other day. 

Please kindly inform if you still have any concern on this while this is still open.

Best regards,
Muhammad Nanda

0 Likes