Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 100 sign-ins 100 replies posted

I have a need to generate 3 or more target programs from almost the same code base. However:

• design.modus must be different
  • some preprocessor DEFINES need to be different. 

I'm still using MTB 2.4, but will migrate to 3.0 soon.  Usually I would just create many targets in the makefile. But I read that MTB2.4 makefiles cannot support multiple targets.

What is the best practice for this?  It seems like I need separate projects which is suboptimal, but OK. But is there an easy way to include adjacent directores of source files above the project directory without creating libraries?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Panometric ,

As far as I know, it is not possible to have multiple configurator files for the same configurator in a project directory.

What you can do is keep multiple configurator files (with different configurations for the hardware) in a separate folder (outside the project directory).
When building the project keep only the required one in the project directory. This has to be done manually.

Please refer to the solution part of The  Thread to know how is this done.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Gautami_12

Hi @Panometric ,

As far as I know, it is not possible to have multiple configurator files for the same configurator in a project directory.

What you can do is keep multiple configurator files (with different configurations for the hardware) in a separate folder (outside the project directory).
When building the project keep only the required one in the project directory. This has to be done manually.

Please refer to the solution part of The  Thread to know how is this done.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes

That solution says the same thing I already found so is not useful.  Assuming I must duplicate the folder structure for the project to allow multiple design.modus files,  is there any way to reuse most of the source files without creating a library?  

0 Likes
Gautami_12

Hi @Panometric ,

Apologies for the delay in response,
Yes, the only solution we can find for now is to keep multiple configurator files (with different configurations for the hardware) in a separate folder (outside the project directory).

Warm Regards,

Gautami J

0 Likes