modustoolbox seem to have a lot of bugs - adc example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cc2380
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi 

I am a bit concerned to the amount of bugs modus toolbox / IDE  has. I am working with version 2.3 and pdl 3.15.

starting a new project from the new application window  right from the initial stage  the code is compiling with zero error . This sounds great but if you you look at warnings you will see the is a red cross in the CMSIS on the cm4 header file where it actual cant find reference to SHP and IP  in the __STATIC_INLINE uint32_t __NVIC_GetPriority(IRQn_Type IRQn) code segment 

in main.C it has "cy_retarget_io.h" as a include , yet the IDE also cannot find where this is referenced this  and list it as a unresolved inclusion .

Library paths is as it gets setup from the new application platform  creation , i believe this is causing a lot of issues in code compilation

how do we resolve these default code errors?

regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @cc2380

Can you please share a snapshot of the errors that you are referring to? From what I understand, I believe these are the IntelliSense errors where the IDE is not able to find the library, etc. These errors should not affect your project and you can ignore these errors.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @cc2380

Can you please share a snapshot of the errors that you are referring to? From what I understand, I believe these are the IntelliSense errors where the IDE is not able to find the library, etc. These errors should not affect your project and you can ignore these errors.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

HI Rak,

Thanks for responding. You seem to be right in terms of the compile and code . But if you want to see how something is declared and if it links up is problematic . Right clicking on the retarget_io.h and selecting to go to declaration is impossible . 

Attached is the screen shots

regards 

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @cc2380

I do agree that it is an inconvenience when you are trying to navigate to see the declarations etc. There is an internal ticket regarding this and the team is working on how we can fix this issue. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes