load/execute was working, now it does not

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
baga_4725781
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I had been successful in loading and executing example projects, with some help

I was able to build - but cannot load/execute (Thanks!)

I looked at similar postings, but nothing for this board

Can't load PSoC6 project in CY8CPROTO-062-4343W. Why?

I was able to build - but cannot load/execute (my previous post)

Re: Chip erasing issue on CYT2B75CAS using JLink

The closest I can find is PSoC6 Flash Failed but that would mean getting a separate programmer.

I now am shifting to another part of the project - getting the SPI master working.

I built the example code - that went fine. I then tried loading/executing. No joy.

I tried with the Hello World example - same results. (see below). The salient error is

[ 58%] [##################              ] [ Erasing     ]Error: timeout waiting for algorithm, a target reset is recommended

Error: SROM API execution failed. Status: 0x080008B4

That is a very consistent error status.

I have tried updating (again) to kp3, kp3-daplink and kp3-bootloader

No joy. Tried various modes via the mode switch - again, no joy.

The load sequence either failed in the same way, or the board refused the connection.

The LED configuration that "works" (meaning it gets to the attempt at release is LEDS 1,2,4 on; 3 off).

I tried hitting the RESET button, and unplugging and plugging in the programming USB cable.

The thing that really concerns me is Modus Toolbox is fragile. What worked before should work now - I don't think I changed anything. Hello World should work "right out of the box".

My next try is to try the CLI - I'm an old fart and much more used to CLI than GUI.

I found Erasing and Programming PSoC 6 via CLI and Cypress Programmer (218502)

Re: Erasing and Programming PSoC 6 via CLI and Cypress Programmer (219014)

PSoC6 WiFi BT

Chip CY8C624AZI-D44es

CPU board CY8CMOD-062-4343W

See attached file for the error messages

Thanks! ... bandit

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I checked the error log you attached. From what I see, your device is the one highlighted below:

** Silicon: 0xE206, Family: 0x100, Rev.: 0x23 (B2)

** Detected Device: CY8C6247BZI-D54

** Detected Main Flash size, kb: 1024

** Flash Boot version: 1.20.1.42

** Chip Protection: UNKNOWN

This is the device you find on the PSoC6 WIFI-BT Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT) and not the PSoC6 WIFI-BT Prototyping Kit (CY8CPROTO-062-4343W). You are creating an application that is targeting the wrong BSP (i.e CY8CPROTO-062-4343W). Please choose CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT as highlighted below for your application and everything should work fine.

kit.png

What confirmed the fact apart from the log that you have a CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT kit is when you mentioned the LED statuses. The four status LEDs are only available on the Pioneer kit and not on the Prototyping kit.

Please let me know if it works after you change to the right BSP.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I checked the error log you attached. From what I see, your device is the one highlighted below:

** Silicon: 0xE206, Family: 0x100, Rev.: 0x23 (B2)

** Detected Device: CY8C6247BZI-D54

** Detected Main Flash size, kb: 1024

** Flash Boot version: 1.20.1.42

** Chip Protection: UNKNOWN

This is the device you find on the PSoC6 WIFI-BT Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT) and not the PSoC6 WIFI-BT Prototyping Kit (CY8CPROTO-062-4343W). You are creating an application that is targeting the wrong BSP (i.e CY8CPROTO-062-4343W). Please choose CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT as highlighted below for your application and everything should work fine.

kit.png

What confirmed the fact apart from the log that you have a CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT kit is when you mentioned the LED statuses. The four status LEDs are only available on the Pioneer kit and not on the Prototyping kit.

Please let me know if it works after you change to the right BSP.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes