debug information available, or outside of program code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
conradc2380
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi ,

I am experiencing a break point notification when programming a CY8C6247BZI-D54 psoc6 device. I am setting up a CM0 app with 256Kb flash and 32Kb SRAM . I modified the linker scripts as per section 4.1.2 of the dual core design guide using GCC_ARM ld scripts. when I compile and load the code into the device I receive the following

Break at address "0x1f34" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.

I have double-checked the Linker scripts because I plan to change this to a dual core application. The Cm4 linker and CM0 linker scripts are adjusted correctly according to the documentation but this notification keeps happening

CM0  scrip change

ram (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x08000000, LENGTH = 32768
flash (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x10000000, LENGTH = 262144

CM4 Script change

/* The size of the Cortex-M0+ application image at the start of FLASH */
FLASH_CM0P_SIZE = 262144;

ram (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x08008000, LENGTH = 258048
flash (rx) : ORIGIN = 0x10000000, LENGTH = 0x2000

This Looks correct according to the documentation, 

Any advice on why the above notification is happening?

Regards

C

0 Likes
3 Replies
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

It looks like you are experiencing the error "outside of program code". More examination is needed. Would you mind uploading your whole project?

Best regards

Hi Charles,

Hope you are well,

Did you perhaps have a chance to look at the code attached ?

regards

c

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
conradc2380
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the response.  please find attached the two projects for CM0 and CM4. The CM4 also does not seem to start up as the LED routine is not working .

I can't use the dual app empty application as per the documentation because the code ties up some of the peripherals and to dedicated pins which is a problem for a complete custom board . The two applications above need to be used to prevent this .

Regards

Conrad

0 Likes