Zephyr as RTOS alternative

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi,

Would be great to see PSoC 4 & 6 series supported in Zephyr. Any chance this might happen?

8 Replies
GaryS_06
5 sign-ins First solution authored 5 questions asked

PSoC 6 is supported with Zephyr.

When you go to the Zephyr website, PSoC 6 Pioneer kit is listed as a supported platform.

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/arm/cy8ckit_062_wifi_bt_m0/doc/index.html

-Gary

gare_2133776

yes, but the support is very rudimentary, only one hard-coded uart, that's it, no other peripherals of the psoc6 is implemented.

what we need is full support for both cores, incl. USB, all SCB's (with device-tree), etc.

GaryS_06
5 sign-ins First solution authored 5 questions asked

Yes, I spoke too soon.  We have no immediate plans for full Zephyr support.  It is an OS we are seriously considering.  We are in the process of determining where this falls in priority against other OS support for PSoC 6.   

Hi GaryS_06

It's been 6 months. Checking in and hoping for positive news that the PSoC 6 and 4L's will get full support in Zephyr.

Any update on full Zephyr support?

0 Likes
Sunny
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

It will be interesting to have full support for Zephyr OS for all product lines as it is the leading RTOS currently and have all the latest technologies built in it. Including the Tensorflow micro for all AI support. 

Major companies are  adapting it  so the development phase of this will also be very fast. 

I agree - I have customers asking for Zephyr more and more.

Jarret Adam
Senior Field Applications Engineer
Arrow Electronics
0 Likes
Sunny
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Is there any timeline to support "https://zephyrproject.org/"  

Just asking so that we can plan the product selection accordingly.