What is the process to update "wcm" to the "latest-v2.X" in the manifest data?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

What is the process to resolve the following warning in Project Creator 2.0 within ModusToolbox 3,

"WARNING:"wifi_helper" "main" requires "wcm" "latest-v2.X" which is not present in the manifest data."?

This warning appears after selecting "New Application", before selecting a BSP or Kit.

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

This warning and the explanation seem odd to me. Do you have any environment variables set or is there anything you have set in the ~/.modustoolbox/manifest.loc file?

wifi_helper is mentioned here: https://iotexpert.com/category/tools/anycloud/

I see this is another issue for you using IOT_Expert stuff with the current version of ModusToolbox 3.0.

In ModusToolbox 3.0, I opened Project Creator in stand-alone mode (without the Eclipse IDE) created the Wi-Fi_Scan application for the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W BSP in a brand-new folder. Then I opened the Library Manager to look at the installed libraries. There is no wcm; it is spelled out as wifi-connection-manager, and it is version 3.0.0 release. I looked on Infineon GitHub, and I do not see wcm there either. 

Sadly, the creator of the IOT Expert site is no longer an employee with Infineon. I don't know if he maintains the material or not. Sorry I cannot be of more help with this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee

This warning and the explanation seem odd to me. Do you have any environment variables set or is there anything you have set in the ~/.modustoolbox/manifest.loc file?

wifi_helper is mentioned here: https://iotexpert.com/category/tools/anycloud/

I see this is another issue for you using IOT_Expert stuff with the current version of ModusToolbox 3.0.

In ModusToolbox 3.0, I opened Project Creator in stand-alone mode (without the Eclipse IDE) created the Wi-Fi_Scan application for the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W BSP in a brand-new folder. Then I opened the Library Manager to look at the installed libraries. There is no wcm; it is spelled out as wifi-connection-manager, and it is version 3.0.0 release. I looked on Infineon GitHub, and I do not see wcm there either. 

Sadly, the creator of the IOT Expert site is no longer an employee with Infineon. I don't know if he maintains the material or not. Sorry I cannot be of more help with this.

GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Christopher,

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Deleting the "manifest.loc" file under Users/<account>/.modustoolbox, resolved the issue.

For the record, the warning occurred when opening Project Creator. It doesn't seem to cause any issues.

GrCa_1363456_0-1671039971363.png

The "manifest.loc" had one line

https://github.com/iotexpert/mtb2-iotexpert-manifests/raw/master/iotexpert-super-manifest.xml

Deleting the manifest.loc file resolved the warning.

P.S. This issue is unrelated to the IoT Expert examples. I am, however, still awaiting the new Alan Hawse to step into Infineon's Lime LIght.

Greg

0 Likes
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee

Greg, thanks for the update.

There are a limited number of geniuses in this world. Big shoes to fill there.