Unable to install ModusToolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DarkSorrow
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I am unable to install ModusToolbox. I get the bellow mentioned error.

I tried to install by Run as administrator but still received the error. I tried booth option Install for all users and Install for me only but in both cases I receive the same error.

I re-downloaded the setup also still receiving the same error.

Error

Modus Install Error.PNG

System Information

System Infomation.PNG

1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @jasiu,

We analysed the log file and didn't find any unusual thing. It seems like it's the ModusToolbox installer that is not able to detect the driver installation.

Before coming to conclusion I wanted to ask what happens if you try to open ModusToolbox after installation ignoring the error message (of driver installation error). 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will try to find a way around this and improve it in future updates.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @DarkSorrow,

While doing the installation are you selecting the Default installation or Advanced installation. I will recommend going through Default Installation. If it doesn't work select Advanced installation and tick the remaining checkboxes as shown in image below.

Capture.PNG

Let us know if it works.

Best regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
DarkSorrow
Level 1
Level 1

@Raj_C I tried both Default and Advanced Installation (Selected all three checkbox). Still I am getting the same error. I even tried to install on a clean PC (just formatted) but still getting the same error.

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @DarkSorrow,

We faced a similar issue with one customer. Follow the instructions as below:

1. Install the ModusToolbox again. Even though you get the same error as shown in the first image, press ok and finish it.

2. Now go to the library where it got installed:

C:\Users\'user_name(your user name)'\ModusToolbox\ide_2.3\eclipse

And check if ModusToolbox.exe still exists.

3. If it exists then run that .exe and check the error received.

4. If error is like this "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll Was Not Found" then follow this youtube video.

https://youtu.be/nEU9qCA9EBA

Let us know if this solves the error.

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
DarkSorrow
Level 1
Level 1

@Raj_C ModusToolbox IDE is opening even if I get the error. ModusToolbox Driver and ModusToolbox Prerequisites are not getting installed.

I have installed both the x86 and x64 versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 - 2019 Redistributable on my computers before installing ModusToolbox.

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @DarkSorrow,

This is the first time where someone is having an installation problem with ModusToolbox.

Before going into the further investigation, I would recommend you to clean install the ModusToolbox again by following these steps:

1. Uninstall all ModusToolbox files.

2. Restart the PC.

3. Download the latest version of ModusToolbox from "Download "

4. Turn off Anti-Virus software.

5. Run the installation file with 'Run as Administrator'.

6.  Select 'Install for me' option.

7. Choose 'Default Installation' in the installation type and keep the default installation directory path.

Let us know if it solves the error.

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Raj_C

Hi @DarkSorrow,

To find out what exactly is causing the error I want you to run the batch script file attached to this post in the zip file.

The script gets the System Info and Windows Registry entries, which ModusToolbox installer checks if Drivers and Prerequisites are installed.

First Unzip the 'mtb_installation_check.zip' file and just double-click on the script and it’ll create a mtb_prereq_drivers_registry.log file next to it.

Please send the log file for analysis in the zip folder. (I have attached my log file for your reference)

Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
jasiu
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received

The same problem for me,

Jasiu

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @jasiu,

Please use the bat file given in the mtb_installation_check.zip file from my previous reply and share your log file with us. We will check for the error and try to find the solution for it.

Best Regards,

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
lock attach
jasiu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

in pdf,

Jasiu

P.S. ver.   2.0.01703 is installing without problems,

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @jasiu,

Please make a zip file of that log file and upload it again. PDF makes it uneven.

0 Likes
lock attach
jasiu
Level 1
Level 1

Raj_C

Hi @jasiu,

After analysing the log file we didn't find any suspicious. I would like you to generate one more log for analysis. Please follow these steps:

1. Download the latest version of ModusToolbox. And keep it in a separate folder.

2. Run the Command Prompt tool: navigate to the folder with ModusToolbox_2.3.0.4276-windows-install.exe in the Windows Explorer (working directory) and type “cmd” in the Address line and hit the Enter:

Raj_JC_0-1633061902809.jpeg

it will open the Command Prompt window in the current working directory.

3. Type in the Command Prompt window:

ModusToolbox_2.3.0.4276-windows-install.exe /LOG=”mtb_installation.log

and hit the Enter button.

Raj_JC_1-1633061939669.jpeg

4. The MTB installer should start, follow the installation steps and after finishing it you can find the “mtb_installation.log” in the working directory after installation.

Please send the installer log file in zip file.

Best Regards,

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
lock attach
jasiu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

enclosed installation log again - (explorer.exe from task manager as a ADMIN) - i hope this is a right now?

Kind regards,

Jasiu

P.S. With Atmel Studio 7, the problem with using  IDE I had, as far as I remember was due to the memory configuration of the mather board (Asus)

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @jasiu,

We analysed the log file and didn't find any unusual thing. It seems like it's the ModusToolbox installer that is not able to detect the driver installation.

Before coming to conclusion I wanted to ask what happens if you try to open ModusToolbox after installation ignoring the error message (of driver installation error). 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will try to find a way around this and improve it in future updates.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes
jasiu
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the efforts - I appreciate - please give me some time - I will try if it is possible to program a microcontroller in this version (after installation Modus Toolbox is starting without problems) - I'm new to the world of PSoC so I have to learn a few things before 

j

lock attach
jasiu
Level 1
Level 1

done

j

0 Likes