USB_Audio_Device_FreeRTOS for WM8960 Codec

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shihchinlee
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First reply posted 5 questions asked

USB_Audio_Device_FreeRTOS sample project of CY8CKIT_062S2_43012 is targeted for AK4954 codec. How to modify the project for WM8960 codec if the mezzanine card is CY8CKIT-028-SENSE?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @shihchinlee 

When using the USB Audio Device FreeRTOS code example with the CY8CKIT_062S2_43012 evaluation board, the codec used by default is  AK4954 codec. When you navigate through the project directory you would find the AK4954.c and AK4954.h files in the directory: C:\path_to _the_workspace\USB_Audio_Device_FreeRTOS\COMPONENT_AK4954A

The files contain APIs (functions) to configure the codec. Here the codec is configured as I2C slave and PSoC is configured as I2C master. I2C protocol is used for configuring the codec

Similarly, when using the WM8960 codec, you can add the following library to your project: https://github.com/Infineon/audio-codec-wm8960 . This library provides functions to support the use of the WM8960 audio codec available on the CY8CKIT-028-SENSE shield.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @shihchinlee 

When using the USB Audio Device FreeRTOS code example with the CY8CKIT_062S2_43012 evaluation board, the codec used by default is  AK4954 codec. When you navigate through the project directory you would find the AK4954.c and AK4954.h files in the directory: C:\path_to _the_workspace\USB_Audio_Device_FreeRTOS\COMPONENT_AK4954A

The files contain APIs (functions) to configure the codec. Here the codec is configured as I2C slave and PSoC is configured as I2C master. I2C protocol is used for configuring the codec

Similarly, when using the WM8960 codec, you can add the following library to your project: https://github.com/Infineon/audio-codec-wm8960 . This library provides functions to support the use of the WM8960 audio codec available on the CY8CKIT-028-SENSE shield.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes