Systick Timer Conflict between LIN Middleware and FreeRTOS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rajini
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm using cy8ckit-149  and finding issue regarding Systick timer when I import LIN middleware in Freertos Code in ModusToolBox.

Since Systick Timer is used by RTOS for task switching as well as in LIN Middleware for BUS Inactivity, there is a conflict for  both. The one which is initialised first will be working fine and the other one is not working.

So, how to resolve this issue .

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @rajini ,

Can you check if both the middleware's are initializing the systick timer?

Can you also try to change the CLK SRC for freertos and check if that works?

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi @Alakananda_BG ,

The Initialization of Systick is happening only in Freertos  and in LIN I'm just adding a callback. Hence only RTOS is working as expected but not LIN.

Regarding CLK SRC i shouold run with SystemCoreClock. There is no possibility to change the clk src .

Is there any other possibility  to make it work without changing the  clock source?

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi @rajini ,

Can you comment out the LINS_TimerDisableInt API and check if you are facing the same issue.

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi @Alakananda_BG ,

I'm using LIN Middleware  version V1.10.0 which is there in Modus Tool box. There is no such API in LIN stack.

I guess that API is in PSoc creator.

Could you please confirm that the API's that you are referring is in pSoc creater or Modustoolbox IDE.

Regards,

Rajini

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi @rajini ,

The API referred was for PSOC creator.

We enquired with the internal team and  there are few questions for which we need answers 

1)There can be a possibility that Customer has occupied all callback slots in SysTick Timer.

2)We need to know how many times the customer implementation of FreeRTOS calls the SysTick Timer.

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi @Alakananda_BG ,

Sure I'll check and come back to you.

0 Likes