Support for Zephyr as a 3rd party "IDE/toolchain" (PSoC)?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Since most drivers are now on github, would it be possible to add Zephyr as an alternative tool chain for the PSoC 4 range?

Doesn't really have to be part of ModusToolbox, could just be official upstream support https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr

The Device Configurator is a really handy tool though, so if you could configure your part there, then export the needed Kconfig + .dts file would be an incredibly handy workflow.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @DaEr_349131

According to my understanding, your request is for a Zephyr OS flow, similar to the current mbedOS flow, which also uses the ModusToolbox Device Configurator. Can you please let me know if my understanding is correct?

I am not sure about the feasibility of the request. I will create an enhancement ticket so that our internal team can evaluate your request. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @DaEr_349131

According to my understanding, your request is for a Zephyr OS flow, similar to the current mbedOS flow, which also uses the ModusToolbox Device Configurator. Can you please let me know if my understanding is correct?

I am not sure about the feasibility of the request. I will create an enhancement ticket so that our internal team can evaluate your request. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes