Select PSoC6 target by serial number when programming from modus_shell command line

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4289666
Employee
Employee
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

I have two identical PSoC6 boards connected to my computer. How do I select a specific board to program by its KitProg3 serial number? I found that adding

make program _MTB_RECIPE__OPENOCD_CUSTOM_COMMAND='psoc6 allow_efuse_program off; adapter serial <serial>'

works but I am asking myself if this is the official way because
1. the name of the variable looks a bit like meant to be used internally only (leading underscore)
2. it repeats the default setting ('psoc6 allow_efuse_program off') as it overwrites the default value in the Makefiles
3. it requires the user to specify the serial number in openocd command syntax

What is the recommended way of specifying the serial number?

0 Likes
1 Solution
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @user_4289666 

Looks like this is the only command

make program _MTB_RECIPE__OPENOCD_CUSTOM_COMMAND='psoc6 allow_efuse_program off; adapter serial <serial>'

which is used to select a specific board to program by its KitProg3 serial number. You can verify the serial number of the devices by using the fw-loader tool using the command:

./fw-loader --device-list

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
LeoMathews

Hi @user_4289666 

Looks like this is the only command

which is used to select a specific board to program by its KitProg3 serial number. You can verify the serial number of the devices by using the fw-loader tool using the command:

./fw-loader --device-list

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @user_4289666  ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes