Recursion issue on create imported application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
riccardo-monty
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 replies posted First like received

Be aware on create a new application, when use workspace path the same of an imported application, on create confirmation, Project Creator start to create nested applications recursively and never stop!

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @riccardo-monty ,

Very interesting and thank you for pointing this out to us.
I was able to replicate the issue and have raised a ticket to the internal team to fix the same in the next release of Modus Toolbox .

Thank you for using our products and do let us know of any such issues you face in our products in the future as well.

Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AlenAn14

HI @riccardo-monty ,

Can you please let us know the ModusToolbox version you are using?

I tried importing an existing application to the same workspace in which this application was present in ModusToolbox v 2.4.
In this case, since the application being imported already exist in the workspace, it creates a new application of the name " <imported application name>_1 ". If the '_1' is removed, it will give error saying that the same application name already exist in the workspace.
So it works fine without the recursion you have mentioned.

Regards
Alen

0 Likes
riccardo-monty
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 replies posted First like received

ModusToolbox v2.4

I admit it was my error on define path for create new application. It can be reproduced as following:

1. Open Eclipse and define a workspace named "recursionIssue". Create a new Application, with BSP psoc63-proto and "empty_project", than close Eclipse.
  2. Open Eclipse again, use as workspace ".\recursionIssue\empty_project\", and import previous created application.

So happen for error if it is used as workspace an existing application, an you try to import that application

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @riccardo-monty ,

Very interesting and thank you for pointing this out to us.
I was able to replicate the issue and have raised a ticket to the internal team to fix the same in the next release of Modus Toolbox .

Thank you for using our products and do let us know of any such issues you face in our products in the future as well.

Regards
Alen

0 Likes