Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
skruglewicz
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins First like received 5 solutions authored

Hello,

I am following the  knowledge base article  KBA236134 to migrate a Github dual core example using IPC pipes, I am having a problem on  "Step 6: Import the application" in the article. all the other 5 steps went ok, but I cannot  import the application using the Import Existing Application In-Place link in the Quick Panel of the  in  Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox.

I'm following this KBA article from October  06,2022 at  KBA: Migrating ModusToolbox applications from version 2.x to version 3.x – KBA236134

I am trying to migrate the GitHub - Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes on the Infineon repo.

skruglewicz_5-1682363411385.png

my PROBLEM is I received an error as follows

Here is a screenshot of the error dialog. HOPEFULLY the image shows up, if not see attachments. (not showing up for me?)

skruglewicz_2-1682362695091.png

the error in the console:

Import scheduled. As projects are imported, they will appear in Project Explorer.
Problem creating subproject mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes-master: Error while executing the "Dual-CPU_Empty_PSoC6_App" operation
Problem creating project at C:\CY8_psoc6\WP_MIGRATION2\mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes-master
Problem getting project description for app_cm0p
Problem getting project description for app_cm4

Here is a screenshot of  the console with the error

skruglewicz_4-1682363204266.png

Can anyone tell why I'm getting this error? What Am I doing wrong?

If you need any more information please let me know.

Regards Steve K

0 Likes
1 Solution

Can you import the Dual-CPU Empty Application Template itself successfully?

If so, your modifications might be incorrect.

If not, your IDE environment might be compromised.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

You were stuck in importing the project.

Did you copy the project into the workspace and import it in place by the option below?

Charles_Lai_0-1682414497937.png

This is the recommended procedure. 

Best regards

yes I'm stuck at Step 6: Import the application. 

I receive the error after I click the button as you described. It eventually halts the import giving me the error I described in my initial comment. 

why is it having trouble 

• creating subproject mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes-master: Error while executing the "Dual-CPU_Empty_PSoC6_App" operation?
  • Problem creating project at C:\CY8_psoc6\WP_MIGRATION2\mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes-master
    • Problem getting project description for app_cm0p ?
    • Problem getting project description for app_cm4

I have put the project up on my Public Github repo at 

Migrating-an-example-MTB-2.x-to-version-3.x-

Maybe you can take a look at my efforts and see what I might have missed in the previous steps.

NOTE: this is after I did all 5 previous steps.

Please let me know if you need any thing else from me?

Regards

Steve K

0 Likes
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

I confirmed that the original demo on https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes can be manually imported without errors. See below:

Charles_Lai_0-1682497320253.png

Your reconfigured project might receive bad changes or your workspace's path contained bad characters.

Please compare your project with the original demo or move your workspace to some simpler directory like "D:\".

Best regards

HI @Charles_Lai 

Maybe you misunderstood  my problem 

I am using MTB 3.0 to experiment with dual core examples. I wanted to use the example demo on https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc6-dual-cpu-ipc-pipes

But I was told I needed to migrate it to MTB 3.0, since the Dual_core file structure has changed in 3.0 .

The PROBLEM is on STEP mention above in The Knowledge Base Article. Mentioned above.

Does this make sense to you? 

Kind Regards

Steve

0 Likes

Can you import the Dual-CPU Empty Application Template itself successfully?

If so, your modifications might be incorrect.

If not, your IDE environment might be compromised.

0 Likes