Optimization Level in Modus Toolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Andreas_Heder
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hey,

It looks like I have no influence on the optimization level when i change the:

"CFLAGS="  -Og,-O0 ,... and so on. in the make file. What i have to do exactly? 

Change the Make file, save, recompile all ? Or i do missing something?

Thanks and best regards

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Andreas, 

Adding the compiler flags to the CFLAGS makefile variable should incorporate the compiler flags into the build. Can you please open the modus shell, traverse to your makefile directory and run make build VERBOSE=true command. This should display all the compiler flags that are used during the build process.

You can search modus-shell in your Windows Start to open up modus-shell. Makefile directory would be the folder in which your application's makefile exists.

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Andreas, 

Adding the compiler flags to the CFLAGS makefile variable should incorporate the compiler flags into the build. Can you please open the modus shell, traverse to your makefile directory and run make build VERBOSE=true command. This should display all the compiler flags that are used during the build process.

You can search modus-shell in your Windows Start to open up modus-shell. Makefile directory would be the folder in which your application's makefile exists.

Please let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes