No tools and documents displayed in the quick panel in the modustoolbox IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeDi_4635501
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

I used a ModusToolbox™ Software Training Level3 Bluetooth® Examples "key_ch06_ex01_observer". When I bring this into the IDE, I have no tools and documents in the quick panel.

In other standard examples yes.

Why??

HeDi_4635501_0-1646565728853.png

Thank you for your help

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @HeDi_4635501 ,

I tried importing this project after cloning the repository and was successful in getting the tools and documents to appear in ModusToolbox. Can you please try and refresh the quick panel by clicking on 'Refresh Quick Panel' option in the quick panel as shown:

AlenAn14_0-1646568215509.png

If the above was not successful, can you please let me know if the steps you followed to import this project are as follows after you cloned the key_ch06_ex01_observer project to your PC:
Project Creator >> Select CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 BSP  >> click on Import  button in 'Select Application' section >> browse and select the cloned key_ch06_ex01_observer 

Warm Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @HeDi_4635501 ,

I tried importing this project after cloning the repository and was successful in getting the tools and documents to appear in ModusToolbox. Can you please try and refresh the quick panel by clicking on 'Refresh Quick Panel' option in the quick panel as shown:

AlenAn14_0-1646568215509.png

If the above was not successful, can you please let me know if the steps you followed to import this project are as follows after you cloned the key_ch06_ex01_observer project to your PC:
Project Creator >> Select CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 BSP  >> click on Import  button in 'Select Application' section >> browse and select the cloned key_ch06_ex01_observer 

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes

Hi there, thanks for the information.

I did "Refresh quick panel" but it didn't help.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the project, now all the quick menus were there (for whatever reason).

Now I have a new problem. Apparently my board is so old again that it is hardly supported. I have the CY8CKIT-062-WiFI-BT. The examples are for a different MCU and for a different WiFI-BT chip (mine: CY8C6247BZI-D54 and CYW4343WKUBG)!

When compiling I get the following errors:

In file included from libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/cybsp_types.h:23, from libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/cybsp.h:30, from libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/cybsp.c:31: libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/cybsp_doc.h:27:10: fatal error: cycfg.h: No such file or directory 27 | #include "cycfg.h" | ^~~~~~~~~ In file included from libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/bluetooth/cybsp_bt_config.c:23: libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT/bluetooth/cybsp_bt_config.h:31:10: fatal error: cycfg_pins.h: No such file or directory 31 | #include "cycfg_pins.h" | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated. compilation terminated.

When I call up the Device Configurator, the following image appears:

HeDi_4635501_0-1646662054675.png

After configuration, the file design.mode now exists in the root directory.

I think I'll throw the board away soon!

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

The kit CY8CKIT-062-WiFI-BT is supported in Modustoolbox. I guess the application which you use is needed appropriate changes to work on the above kit. You are getting the notification to create a device config because I think your application might not have a pre-existing device config file. 

You can try to create a new application or import an existing application from git for the above chip and replace the source files as you like. This will avoid any obvious issues in my opinion.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj. P.K