Modustoolbox 3.0, migrating a cyw43907 project created on 2.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi,

I have installed modustoolbox 3.0 and am porting a project done on version 2.4.

I'm following the migration guide: 

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Migrating-ModusToolbox-applications-from-v...

However when I shall select the cyw43907 bsp, I do not find it.

My screenshot:

cedric_roomz_1-1665405429252.png

Screenshot from the migration guide.

cedric_roomz_0-1665405343899.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Cédric

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @cedric_roomz :

Currently, many new version libs are not supported on CYW43907.

Therefore, I think we don't need to do any modification on CYW43907 project when you migration from MTB 2.4 to MTB 3.0.

Best Regards,

Colin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
23 Replies
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

When trying to create a new project. I see the bsp, but it fails

Summary:

BSP: CYW943907AEVAL1F

Template Application(s): Wi-Fi Scan

Note: The 'Wi-Fi Scan' application template(s) use(s) the ModusToolbox 2.x format. The application(s) do(es) not support 3.x features. See KBA236134 for instructions on how to migrate the application(s) for 3.x content compatibility.

Application(s) Root Path: //Desktop-gqohcdq/c/workspace/modus

Press "Create" to create the selected application(s).

Collecting application data...

Info: The following entered on the command line will create the exact same project as that created with the GUI tool:

C:/Infineon/Tools/ModusToolbox3/tools_3.0/project-creator/project-creator-cli.exe --board-id CYW943907AEVAL1F --board-uri https://github.com/Infineon/TARGET_CYW943907AEVAL1F --board-commit latest-v0.X --app-id mtb-example-cyw43907-wifi-scan --app-uri https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-cyw43907-wifi-scan --app-commit latest-v1.X --cypress-tools C:/Infineon/Tools/ModusToolbox3/tools_3.0 --target-dir //Desktop-gqohcdq/c/workspace/modus --user-app-name Wi-Fi_Scan_2 --use-modus-shell

Starting application creation for '//Desktop-gqohcdq/c/workspace/modus/Wi-Fi_Scan_2'.

Acquiring the application source 'https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-cyw43907-wifi-scan'.

warning: unable to unlink '//Desktop-gqohcdq/c/workspace/modus/Wi-Fi_Scan_2/.git/HEAD.lock': Invalid argument

error: unable to write symref for HEAD: Invalid argument

Application acquisition failed.

ERROR:Application creation failed.

ERROR:there was an error retreiving the asset 'https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-cyw43907-wifi-scan' commit 'latest-v1.X' - warning: unable to unlink '//Desktop-gqohcdq/c/workspace/modus/Wi-Fi_Scan_2/.git/HEAD.lock': Invalid argument

ERROR:error: unable to write symref for HEAD: Invalid argument

ERROR:error cloning git asset 'https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-cyw43907-wifi-scan'-warning: unable to unlink '//Desktop-gqohcdq/c/workspace/modus/Wi-Fi_Scan_2/.git/HEAD.lock': Invalid argument

ERROR:error: unable to write symref for HEAD: Invalid argument

Skipping export of the "Wi-Fi_Scan_2" application to Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox™.

5 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Summary:

ERROR:Failed to create and export "Wi-Fi_Scan_2" application.

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz :

Could you help to check whether "HEAD.lock" is exist in the directory '//Desktop-gqohcdq/c/workspace/modus/Wi-Fi_Scan_2/.git/HEAD.lock'?

If it's exist, please manual to delete it, and then try to create new project again.

Normally this .lock file is created when you create a new project and deleted automatically after project creation. 

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Colin,

I've tried to:

- Create a new project => it fails with the HEAD.lock error.

- Erase the HEAD.lock, recreate the project => Application directory already exists

cedric_roomz_0-1665468728355.png

And now I tested to run the project creator without Modustoolboox running and the creation of the project was ok.

However it does not show the menu "Modustoolbox=>library manager".  

I've started the library manager manually and updated the needed components.

But now the build fails.

09:04:58 **** Build of configuration Debug for project Hello_World ****
"C:\\Infineon\\Tools\\ModusToolbox3\\tools_3.0\\modus-shell\\bin\\make" CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_MAKE_IDE_VERSION=3.0 CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=C:/Infineon/Tools/ModusToolbox3/tools_3.0 -j8 all
Tools Directory: C:/Infineon/Tools/ModusToolbox3/tools_3.0/
../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v3.0.0/make/core/main.mk:361: /make/core/get_app_info.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/make/core/get_app_info.mk'. Stop.

Are all those issues related to cyw43907? 

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz :

I think these issues are MTB issues, not related to CYW43907.

- Erase the HEAD.lock, recreate the project => Application directory already exists

That means last time you create the project, something broke the process, and finally failed but the directory was created. You should delete the project directory as well and then I think the creation of new project will be correct.

For your migration problem, could you share me more information of your process?

I try to create a new CYW43907 project in MTB 2.4, and migrate it to MTB 3.0, I didn't meet the problem like yours.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

The head.lock issue is systematic, it occurs as well when updating libs in mtb_shared. And if I erase the failed project, and recreate it, this fails as well.

=> from what I tested If the library manager or project creator runs from modustoolbox it fails. If they run separately without modustoolbox being started, it succeeds. 

Now I'm stuck at the error

"C:\\Infineon\\Tools\\ModusToolbox3\\tools_3.0\\modus-shell\\bin\\make" CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_MAKE_IDE_VERSION=3.0 CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=C:/Infineon/Tools/ModusToolbox3/tools_3.0 -j8 clean
../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v3.0.0/make/core/main.mk:361: /make/core/get_app_info.mk: No such file or directory
Searching installed tools in progress...
mtbquery: could not load ModusToolbox environment information
mtbquery: ../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v3.0.0/make/core/main.mk:361: /make/core/get_app_info.mk: No such file or directory

Migration

Regarding the migration, what I do is:

- Close modustoolbox

- Deletes files as explained in the migration link above

-Open library manager

- Chose my project done on V2.4, 

- Click on add BSP

I guess there is some legacy file somewhere which restricts the list. Since the new project does indeed show the cyw43907 bsp. But no clue as to which.

cedric_roomz_0-1665482302690.png

cedric_roomz_1-1665482380010.png

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz :

1) Could you help to check the version of library manager and project creator when you run from MTB?

I'm not sure that whether this issue cause by windows environment variable setting or not.

Project creator and  library manager are version 2.0.0.

2) For migrating issue, I found that there're no AIROC Connectivity BSPs in the list when the original project based on a PSoC 6 BSP, but if the original project based on AIROC Connectivity BSPs, it shows in the GUI.

I create a new project based on AIROC Connectivity BSPs, it works normally in MTB 3.0, but a new project based on PSoC 6 BSP, I can't see AIROC Connectivity BSPs in add library's list.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes

Versions look ok.

cedric_roomz_0-1665555980477.png

cedric_roomz_1-1665556246566.png

I think I found the issue for the project creation, it was because I started the app from: \\Desktop-gqohcdq\c\Infineon\Tools\ModusToolbox3\ide_3.0\eclipse instead of C:\Infineon\Tools\ModusToolbox3\ide_3.0\eclipse

Both shall be the same, but I guess the first one breaks some links resolution somewhere.

When recreating the project from Modus it now is ok and compiles ok. 

I'll try to merge my old code in this new project to work around the migration issue. But it would be interesting to understand what fails. My old project is correctly using a cyw43907 BSP.

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz :

That sounds good you find the reason.

Any more issue if you meet, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

For the created project which fails to build, it's due to some missing defines:

MTB_TOOLS__CORE_DIR

MTB_TOOLS__OUTPUT_BASE_DIR

Where shall they be defined?

0 Likes

When using lib core-make v1.9.1 it's ok.

But when using lib core make v3.0, the build fails.

12:04:19 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project Secure_TCP_Client_1 ****
"C:\\Infineon\\Tools\\ModusToolbox3\\tools_3.0\\modus-shell\\bin\\make" CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_MAKE_IDE_VERSION=3.0 CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=C:/Infineon/Tools/ModusToolbox3/tools_3.0 -j8 all
../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v3.0.0/make/core/main.mk:364: /make/core/get_app_info.mk: No such file or directory
Searching installed tools in progress...
C:/Infineon/Tools/ModusToolbox3/tools_3.0/mtbquery/mtbquery.exe --toolopen C:/workspace/modus/Secure_TCP_Client_1 @./build/get_app_info.txt > ./build/mtbquery-info.mk
mtbquery: could not load ModusToolbox environment information
mtbquery: ../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v3.0.0/make/core/main.mk:364: /make/core/get_app_info.mk: No such file or directory

Searching installed tools complete
CYW943907AEVAL1F.mk: ../mtb_shared/TARGET_CYW943907AEVAL1F/release-v0.5.0/CYW943907AEVAL1F.mk
../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v3.0.0/make/core/main.mk:364: /make/core/get_app_info.mk: No such file or directory
"C:/Infineon/Tools/ModusToolbox3/tools_3.0/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_MAKE_IDE_VERSION=3.0 CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=C:/Infineon/Tools/ModusToolbox3/tools_3.0 -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

Where shall be defined such variables? I have only found places where they were used, not where they are defined.

MTB_TOOLS__CORE_DIR

MTB_TOOLS__OUTPUT_BASE_DIR

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz :

For this issue, I've checked the difference between core-make v1.9.1 and core-make v3.0.0.

There're many difference and can't be downward compatibility.

Therefore, I think you should keep on using core-make v1.9.1.

Best Regards,

Colin 

0 Likes
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

So now with the path issue solved, and with the library version issue solved, I could integrate my code in the new project and it builds ok.

But in the library manager I'm getting the warning: 

Note: This application uses the ModusToolbox 2.x application structure and so incompatible 3.x content is not displayed. See KBA 236134 for instructions on modifying the application to be compatible with 3.x content.

So I followed the kba , but it fails when I add MTB_TYPE=COMBINED.

Is it correct to use MTB_TYPE=COMBINED for cyw43907?

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz:

No need to add MTB_TYPE=COMBINED for cyw43907.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

Ok, would be nice to have the info included somewhere in the porting guide.

What do I have to do to make the switch to ModusToolbox 3.x application structure?

Note: This application uses the ModusToolbox 2.x application structure and so incompatible 3.x content is not displayed. See KBA 236134 for instructions on modifying the application to be compatible with 3.x content.

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz :

Currently, many new version libs are not supported on CYW43907.

Therefore, I think we don't need to do any modification on CYW43907 project when you migration from MTB 2.4 to MTB 3.0.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for checking!

Will it need to be updated when the missing features are added? See https://community.infineon.com/t5/ModusToolbox-General/CYW43907-and-modustoolbox-examples/m-p/366072...

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz :

I haven't got the exact schedule of QSPI in MTB.

I will keep on monitoring it, and any update will inform you.

Best Regards,

Colin 

0 Likes
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

Ok, thank you very much.

0 Likes
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Colin,

What is the status regarding the missing features of cyw43907 in Modustoolbox (QSPI, low power, ...)? Is it still planned this quarter?

Cédric

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz :

I'm checking it internal and will give you feedback later.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @cedric_roomz :

I've checked this issue internal, and I'm sorry for that till now still no exact schedule replied to us.

My colleague keeps monitoring this issue and will give you feedback if any reply to him.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
cedric_roomz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Colin,

Ok thank you. It's becoming really frustrating, we had to deliver devices to customer without all features, and without information from Infineon we cannot plan anything.

Cédric

0 Likes

Hi @cedric_roomz :

I still suggest you merge your project back to WICED SDK for this CYW43907 project because of no accurate schedule on MTB yet.

OTOH, WICED SDK we are still supporting customer's development on community but no more update of SDK.

Please check it.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes