Modustoolbox 2.2.0 - USED Hardware summary - CY8CPROTO-062-4343W - PWM_Square_Wave Demo HAL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaximePaille
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I started using modustoolbox, I decided to start  with the pwm demo, because I want to control 30 pwm independently. From what I understood from the HAL interface, this interface makes it easier to use hardware modules.

I would like to know if it is possible to have a summary of the use of hardware modules by the hal library and the rest.

Best regards,

Maxime

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Maxime, 

According to my understanding, you are requesting a way to view a summary of all the resources that you have used, similar to the Resource Meter in PSoC Creator. Is my understanding correct?

At the moment, we do not think we have a way to view all the resources that are used by HAL drivers. Although I agree that a resource meter would make it easier to track the resource usage, as HAL is written only in firmware and does not have a dependency on Device Configurator, I am not sure how to achieve this. I will create an enhancement request so that the internal team can evaluate the same. 
Thank you very much for your suggestion 🙂

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello Maxime, 

According to my understanding, you are requesting a way to view a summary of all the resources that you have used, similar to the Resource Meter in PSoC Creator. Is my understanding correct?

At the moment, we do not think we have a way to view all the resources that are used by HAL drivers. Although I agree that a resource meter would make it easier to track the resource usage, as HAL is written only in firmware and does not have a dependency on Device Configurator, I am not sure how to achieve this. I will create an enhancement request so that the internal team can evaluate the same. 
Thank you very much for your suggestion 🙂

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
MaximePaille
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Rakshith,

Yes, that was exactly what I meant.

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,

Maxime Paillé

0 Likes