ModusToolbox: why we don't have build options visual

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jsmith678x
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

Hi,

I'm looking for the C build settings but it seems I have to add my settings through Makefile. Why we don't have visual Build Settings for the C complier in 2022 like in other eclipse based tools?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given
0 Likes
6 Replies
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee

Hi,

A ModusToolbox application is not "Eclipse based" -- it is Make based. You can use command line, VS Code, IAR, or uVision in addition to Eclipse. Some users even use their own internal tools.

In Eclipse, if you right-click on the main project (e.g., Hello_World) and select "Properties", there are many Eclipse settings including C/C++ Build and C/C++ General. 

What types of settings are you looking for? Are they being ignored?

0 Likes
jsmith678x
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

I have this version

about.png

I'm looking for optimization settings for example. In DAVE4 we have

dave4.png

  

0 Likes
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee

In this case, you're correct that it is in the Makefile. Here is a related topic: https://community.infineon.com/t5/ModusToolbox-General/How-to-set-optimization-level-in-ModusToolbox...

0 Likes
ravo
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 5 comments on blog 5 solutions authored

Dears,

I know that we must manually edit MAKEFILE, but it is more complicated to maintain in consistent with IDE (for example DEFINES must be also filled in C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols to show / hide correct code using #ifdef) https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-6/Modus-Toolbox-C-C-Build-Settings/m-p/353656#M13060

I also would like appreciate to integrate more options and revert back Tool Settings, which was removed from 2.4.0

And regarding Optimisation levels  - it did not work for me as Modus toolbox override CYFLAGS= -Os  or -O0 in Debug CONFIG. So I must create CONFIG=Custom but it leads to more editing related to this config and make additional settings on Startup tab for this configuration especially to generate HEX in correct folder.

It will be nice if it will be more user friendly.

Regards

Radim

0 Likes
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee

Okay, I am going to refer this topic to the development team. Thank you for input!

0 Likes

Dear @ChristopherF_51 

thanks for response. Maybe on this forum there could be section for improvements.

Best Regards

Radim

0 Likes