ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/proxy-helper/bin/proxy-helper: Exec format error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cvanbeek
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello Infineon Support,

I'm trying to setup ModusToolbox on a Raspberry Pi build server my team has for running builds with CI/CD.  I was able to install ModusToolbox on the Pi without any issues.

However, when I try to run make getlibs inside my project folder, I get the following output and error:

$ make getlibs
Tools Directory: /build/tools/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/
make -C ../app_cm0p/ getlibs
make[1]: Entering directory '/var/lib/gitlab-runner/builds/<build-dir>/app_cm0p'
Tools Directory: /build/tools/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/
==============================================================================
= Importing libraries =
==============================================================================
/build/tools/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/proxy-helper/proxy-helper: 4: exec: /build/tools/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/proxy-helper/bin/proxy-helper: Exec format error
make[1]: *** [/build/tools/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4//make/getlibs.mk:121: getlibs] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/lib/gitlab-runner/builds/<build-dir>/app_cm0p'
make: *** [Makefile:210: getlibs_cm0p] Error 2

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this error?

Best regards,

Cory

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @cvanbeek 

Apologies for the delay but I was checking with the internal team regarding this issue and I found out that unfortunately the ModusToolbox tools executables are not supported on an ARM-based platform (which is what Raspberry PI is based on). ModusToolbox is currently only supported on the x86-64 platform which is why you are facing this exec format error.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AlenAn14

Hi @cvanbeek ,

Can you please try the following command and share us the output of the same here:

$ proxy-helper --config list

You can also have a look at the user manual I have attached here for the proxy-helper tool to set your proxy settings or verify if the proxy settings are accurate.

If in case you are using a proxy, that is "manual" mode, you can either verify if the proxy settings are correct from the above "list" command as mentioned in the manual or you can set the mode as "direct" using the below command to not use any proxy and check if you are still facing this error.

proxy-helper --config set mode=direct

Regards
Alen

0 Likes
cvanbeek
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi Alen,

Thank you for your response.  It looks like no matter what args I give to the proxy-helper script, it gives this same error:

cvanbeek_0-1643039640749.png

I get the same error if I call the binary file directly:

cvanbeek_1-1643040954344.png

Best regards,

Cory

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @cvanbeek 

Apologies for the delay but I was checking with the internal team regarding this issue and I found out that unfortunately the ModusToolbox tools executables are not supported on an ARM-based platform (which is what Raspberry PI is based on). ModusToolbox is currently only supported on the x86-64 platform which is why you are facing this exec format error.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes

Hi Alen,

Thanks for letting me know.  I have a Windows runner as well so I'll see if I can get it going on that.

Best regards,

Cory

0 Likes
VMED
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Note that use of proxy-helper tool is optional (not needed in regular networks without custom proxy server requirement).

It is possible to delete the complete tools_2.4/proxy-helper directory and "make getlibs" will not attempt to use this tool:

rm -rf /build/tools/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/proxy-helper

make getlibs

Alternative option is to clear CY_PROXY_HELPER_CMD make variable:

make getlibs CY_PROXY_HELPER_CMD=

(see tools_2.4/make/getlibs.mk line 91)

0 Likes