ModusToolbox environment setup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaipingL_01
Employee
Employee
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have PSoC6 projects running fine until I changed something (may be a folder name).  Now projects in that changed workspace does not build anymore.  Below are error message:

Cannot run program "": Launching failed

Error: Program "" not found in PATH

PATH=

19:46:31 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 170ms)

This strange problem happened in my both 2,1 and 2.2 ModusToolbox and on my old and new laptop.  I started have this problem on my old laptop and I copied the project from my old laptop to new laptop and the problem happens on new laptop.

I even tried to unzip another project which I know it was working but it can't be build with the same error message. I even tried to setup another workspace for the project and have no success.

I read some of the post on community on the type error message and seems not same issue,  please help me to resolve this problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Kaiping,

The same procedure worked for me and I did not see any issue -

pastedImage_0.png

To reiterate, the steps I followed are -

1. Extract the zip file in a new folder.

2. Create a ModusToolbox workspace in the new folder.

3. Open Eclipse IDE and in the IDE click on File > Open Projects from File System.

4. Select Directory and choose MTB_example\MTB.

pastedImage_4.png

5. Select MTB and click on Finish.

6. Build the project.

Could it be possible that there is a difference in the directories that we selected?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rakshith

Hi KaipingL_01​,

Can you please create a new Empty PSoC 6 Application in a new workspace and let me know if you are able to build that application successfully? This way we can isolate the issue to that particular project or the ModusToolbox (MTB) build system.

By looking at the directories I believe that MTB is installed in the default location, is that correct?

When the application folder name is changed, you will be getting the following error when trying to open the workspace in the Eclipse IDE -

pastedImage_0.png

Did you reimport the project into the workspace? If so, can you please let me know how you did that?

If possible, please attach the archive of your application so that we can try importing the project at our end.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Rakshith,

I can create a new empty PSoC6 application in the same workspace and it works fine.

MTB is installed at the default location.

When I made changes to one project and caused the problem, I did not reimport the project and I did not see the error message in your reply.

Please see attached zipped project which has problem in my workspace.

Thanks,

Kaiping Li

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hello Kaiping,

I created a new folder and placed the archive that you have shared in that folder. I created a ModusToolbox workspace in that folder and opened the Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox.

I then clicked on File > Import to open up the Import Window. Selected General > Existing Projects into Workspace and clicked on Next.

I selected the archive file and the MTB application as shown and clicked on Finish.

pastedImage_0.png

The project is now imported into the workspace. Although there are build errors, the build process is initiated successfully as shown -

pastedImage_1.png

Can you please try the same steps and let me know if that helps?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

I tried your way and it works fine and I notice this before. The compilation error is because the data folder in the zip file is not unpacked.

My old way is to unzip the whole thing in MTB_ example folder and in side this folder has MTB and data folders.  This way worked before described here.  First unzip, and then click on File to Open Projects From File Systems ...

Select my project by click the Directory... button and the click Finish button.  Please try this way see if it works or not.

Thanks,

Kaiping

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Kaiping,

The same procedure worked for me and I did not see any issue -

pastedImage_0.png

To reiterate, the steps I followed are -

1. Extract the zip file in a new folder.

2. Create a ModusToolbox workspace in the new folder.

3. Open Eclipse IDE and in the IDE click on File > Open Projects from File System.

4. Select Directory and choose MTB_example\MTB.

pastedImage_4.png

5. Select MTB and click on Finish.

6. Build the project.

Could it be possible that there is a difference in the directories that we selected?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

Thanks a lot for your hep!  I can make it working now.

Thanks again!

Kaiping

0 Likes