ModusToolbox Project Creator and Library Manager report no Internet connection when accessing manifest files

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

IMPORTANT UPDATE 11/15/2022

This problem has been fixed in the latest release ModusToolbox 3.0 and, for those who cannot upgrade all the tools, a patch (2.4.1) is available for installation on top of ModusToolbox 2.4.

User impact and recommended fix:

• ModusToolbox™ v3.0 (or later) – no impact, download the latest release here (link)
  • ModusToolbox™ v2.4 – please install the ModusToolbox™ v2.4.1 patch (link)
  • ModusToolbox™ v2.3.1 (or earlier) – please use the CyRemoteManifestOverride workaround described below

A change in the way GitHub handles URL redirects has resulted in ModusToolbox being unable to access manifest files for BSPs, middleware or applications. The problem presents itself in Project Creator and Library Manager, which fail to display any content and report the following error message:

No internet connection found or improper proxy settings and offline content is not available. Use "Settings > Proxy Settings..." to specify the proxy server or check the user guide to see how to get offline content.

The recommended solution is to install and use the latest release - ModusToolbox 3.0.

If you cannot install either the 3.0 release or the 2.4.1 patch software, work around the problem by setting the following environment variable and restart your ModusToolbox tools.

CyRemoteManifestOverride = https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-super-manifest/raw/v2.X/mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml

Note that, on Windows computers, you should set the variable in the System Properties, not the Eclipse IDE. Select "Edit the system environment variables" from the Windows menu to open this dialog.

markgsaunders_2-1651712950099.png

Press "Environment Variables..." to open this dialog and either "New..." or "Edit..." to set up the variable.

markgsaunders_0-1651712828348.png

This workaround will ensure you seamlessly access the same content as before and the tools will continue to present any new content we post.

9 Replies
Sumit_Kadam
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Hi,

It works as mentioned.

Thank you.

0 Likes
PatrickK_71
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 likes received 10 questions asked

Once the envirnmental variable is changed new apps can be created.

0 Likes
axelpeterwolf
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First like received First reply posted

After adding the environment variable, I had to restart my Windows 10 PC before the workaround kicked in.

Simply restarting the ModusToolbox tools did not work for me. 

0 Likes
user_4289666
Employee
Employee
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

You saved my day. Thx!

0 Likes
DimiEdge
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First solution authored

@markgsaunders this workaround does not work for Linux and MacOS. I am using MacOS BigSur with ModusToolbox. 

For MacOS add to ~/.zprofile

export CyRemoteManifestOverride=https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-super-manifest/raw/v2.X/mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml

Then, source the new profile and launch manually 

Dimis-MacBook-Pro ~ % /Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/project-creator/project-creator

This works for MacOS. For Linux, edit ~/.bash_profile and launch in terminal.

0 Likes

Thanks for the extra info. I think the gotcha is that the tools must be able to pick up the env var from the context that they are launched in. There are probably more ways than I can think of to accidentally start them without the variable set. Your suggestions set the variable in the shell initialization, which does the trick nicely.

0 Likes

This does not solve the issue for Library Manager.

I now have a ModusToolbox project where I need to add the I2C Master / DPS3xx library and the Modus Library Manager is failing to get the manifest. I am using the ModusToolbox Eclipse IDE. 

My current workaround is a painful one and not stable:

Dimis-MacBook-Pro firmware-cypress-psoc6-internal % cd PSoC6_App 

dimitomov@Dimis-MacBook-Pro PSoC6_App % /Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/library-manager/library-manager

After adding the DPS3xx library, pressing "update" and then closing the library manager, the library does not actually exist in the project.

Please provide a working solution for Eclipse IDE

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Mark,

I've tried to download the patch for MTB 2.4 with no luck.

First off the link sends me to Infineon "Developer Center Launcher". 

Next, when I select "Update", I get:

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1670676633555.png

I then press "Login".  I then enter my Infineon user ID (my email address) then I get the next screen that requests my Password.  I enter my Password I use to participate in the forum (Hence why I am able to post this reply) ...  Nothing!  It comes up with the message:

We didn't recognize the username or password you entered. Please try again.

What's up?

Update 2: Dec 10, 2022

Apparently the password I had recorded was not up to date.   I placed the correct password and the Developer Center Launcher was able to login.

Issue solved.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes