Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Dear Sirs and Madams,

We are considering development using ModusToolbox (MTB).

And We understand that MTB makes use of Board Support Package (BSP).

However, we do not know which device model number (Including package, temperature, etc.) MTB supports.

Even if you create a custom BSP, you cannot create it without knowing the supported device numbers.

Is there any material that lists the part numbers of the devices that can be used with MTB ?

It would be helpful if MTB had something in the list, such as the device selector of PSoC Creator.

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @MiNe_85951 ,

Thank you for using our products and yes, you can verify if your device is supported in ModusToolbox from device configurator tool installed along with ModusToolbox in its installation directory.
You can use the following steps to do the same:

1. Open device configurator by double clicking on device-configurator.exe from the path C:\Users\<user name>\ModusToolbox\tools_2.4\device-configurator

3. Click on File >> New

4. Then click on the drop down for 'MCU device' as shown below.

AlenAn14_1-1646215335015.png

This lists all the devices and check if your device is present in this list. If it is present then the same is supported in ModusToolbox. Once you have confirmed your device is supported here, you can follow section 5.3 , Creating your own BSP, of the Modus Toolbox user guide to create a BSP for the same.

If you require to look at the readily available BSP's provided by Infineon (i.e. for development kits) supported in ModusToolbox then you can check the same by opening the Project Creator tool as shown below:

AlenAn14_2-1646215735938.png

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AlenAn14

Hi @MiNe_85951 ,

Thank you for using our products and yes, you can verify if your device is supported in ModusToolbox from device configurator tool installed along with ModusToolbox in its installation directory.
You can use the following steps to do the same:

1. Open device configurator by double clicking on device-configurator.exe from the path C:\Users\<user name>\ModusToolbox\tools_2.4\device-configurator

3. Click on File >> New

4. Then click on the drop down for 'MCU device' as shown below.

AlenAn14_1-1646215335015.png

This lists all the devices and check if your device is present in this list. If it is present then the same is supported in ModusToolbox. Once you have confirmed your device is supported here, you can follow section 5.3 , Creating your own BSP, of the Modus Toolbox user guide to create a BSP for the same.

If you require to look at the readily available BSP's provided by Infineon (i.e. for development kits) supported in ModusToolbox then you can check the same by opening the Project Creator tool as shown below:

AlenAn14_2-1646215735938.png

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards
Alen

MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Alen-san,

Thank you for the very useful information.

I think many people are facing this question as much as I am.

Regards,

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @MiNe_85951 ,

Glad your query is resolved.
Please feel free to post any queries or issues you may have on Infineon products in the community and we will be happy to help.

Thanks and Regards,
Alen 

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Alen-san,

I tried as you were told, but it doesn't appear in the pull-down menu.

MaMi_1205306_0-1646275216811.png

The difference from your screen is the library path.

What should I enter for the best path for this library?

Regards,

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @MiNe_85951 ,

I missed mentioning this, here you have to provide the library path as follows:
<ModusToolbox Workspace>\mtb_shared\mtb-pdl-cat1\<release version>\devicesupport.xml

In the above path, use mtb-pdl-cat1 for PSoC6 devices and mtb-pdl-cat2 for PSoC 4 devices supported on ModusToolbox.

<ModusToolbox Workspace> is any workspace you have created a PSoC 4 or PSoC 6 project in from the Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox.  

An alternate easier method would be for you to create a PSoC project with the BSP 'PSOC6-GENERIC' or 'PSOC4-GENERIC' in ModusToolbox and then you can open the device configurator from the quick panel of ModusToolbox and do the previously mentioned procedure to check if your device is supported.

Warm Regards
Alen 

MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Alen-san,

Your support has deepened my understanding.

My "mtb_shared" didn't have "mtb-pdl-cat1". Because I have never used PSoC 6 with MTB.

And because I've made XMC applications in the past,  "mtb_shared" had "mtb-xmclib-cat3".

I realized that "mtb_shared" is important here. 

Regards,

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @MiNe_85951 ,

Yes this is correct, the mtb_shared along with the "mtb-pdl-cat1" (for PSoC 6) or "mtb-pdl-cat2" (For PSoC 4) is important to get the supported devices list.
If you do not observe the "mtb-pdl-cat1" folder in mtb_shared, you can create the same in it by simply creating a PSoC6 project in ModusToolbox for the workspace that contains the mtb_shared folder and it will be automatically fetched for you.

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes