ModusToolbox 2.4 fails to build FreeRTOS AWS Demo Project on Mac

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jjs3579
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I have a fresh install of ModusToolbox 2.4 on my Mac running Big Sur OS. I did a git pull of the Amazon FreeRTOS project and based on AWS tutorial info, I imported the aws_demos project into my running IDE.

I get an error in the console almost immediately:

10:37:00 **** Build of configuration Debug for project aws_demos ****
/Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=/Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4 CY_IDE_BT_TOOLS_DIR= -j15 all 
Tools Directory: /Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4
INFO: The path '../../../../../vendors/cypress/MTB/psoc6/psoc6make' set for CY_BASELIB_PATH does not exist. Attempting to use BSP provided path instead
Makefile:187: ../../../../../projects/cypress/make_support/afr.mk: Operation not permitted
/Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/make/startex.mk:398: *** Build support for the target device not found. Run "make getlibs" to ensure all required build and code dependencies are present..  Stop.
"/Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=/Applications/ModusToolbox/tools_2.4 CY_IDE_BT_TOOLS_DIR= -j15 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

10:37:00 Build Failed. 2 errors, 0 warnings. (took 159ms)

I can't understand the source of this error.

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @jjs3579 ,

I tested building an amazon free RTOS based code example on my MAC and was able to build the same without any issues. As you have marked in a later thread, adding the cysecuretools path to the front of the environment variable must be the reason you got the error mentioned above. In my case the same was at the beginning by default so it built without errors.

Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
jjs3579
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

The path to psoc6make complained about DOES exist when I use an ordinary Mac terminal.

However in the ModusShell terminal that appears in the IDE, I can't use the path string to confirm the path. I get the error:

ls: ..: Operation not permitted

So is this some Mac filesystem permissions access thing? What permission do I need to give to allow the ModusShell to have access to my files?

0 Likes

Well, I made some progress.

First I had to give the ModusToolbox application "Full Disk Access" through the Mac's Security and Privacy option in the System Preferences control application. Access to the Documents folder, which it already had, was not enough.

Then the build failed because cysecuretools could not be found. I had this problem and created a discussion thread on this forum, for an earlier version of the toolbox. Someone helped me (March 2021) then to add the location of cysecuretools to the PATH variable in the project's build preferences. Then the build completed.

Should this be documented somewhere, if it isn't already?

0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @jjs3579

From the logs, I see that ModusToolbox is installed in the default installation directory. Can you please let me know the installation directory for CySecureTools? 

Also, can you please let us know the directory in which the aws demo repo exists and point me to the guide that you followed?

We will evaluate this and if in case we are able to recreate the issue we will create an internal ticket to add this information.

Thank you for posting an update on the community!

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

cysecuretools is in:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/bin/

The directory was:

/Users/jjs/Documents/Villanova/CSC5930-Fall2021/Week13

I followed the installation guide from the download section of the infineon site.

0 Likes
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @jjs3579 ,

I tested building an amazon free RTOS based code example on my MAC and was able to build the same without any issues. As you have marked in a later thread, adding the cysecuretools path to the front of the environment variable must be the reason you got the error mentioned above. In my case the same was at the beginning by default so it built without errors.

Regards
Alen

0 Likes