ModusToolbox 2.3.0 Create Custom BSP Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoCh_1493306
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I am using ModusToolbox 2.3.0 and Library Manager 1.30 and tried to create custom BSP using the same method as https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Creating-Custom-BSPs-in-ModusToolbox-KBA230...

However, when I tried to update the library (including wifi-connection-manager), I got a warning saying "unable to find the Active BSP in the manifest database." However, I selected the name of the custom BSP I just created for "Active BSP".

JoCh_1493306_0-1621574481335.png

Then when I tried to build the project, I got this error saying "Build support for the target device not found. Run "make getlibs" to ensure all required build and code dependencies are present..":

JoCh_1493306_2-1621574684410.png

I did run the command "make getlibs" (looks like it's doing the same thing when clicking on "Update" on Library Manager) but the issue is still the same.

I used ModusToolbox Version 2.2.0 and Library Manger 1.20 and using the exact same method, it was working great for the past year. I only see this issue when upgrading to ModusToobox 2.3.0. What got changed and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GregoryL_86
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on blog

There is a make target called import _deps that will add the dependencies for your custom BSP. You should run that after running make bsp. In the future this step will be automated, but for now you must run it manually. For example:

make bsp TARGET_GEN=MyBSP

make import_deps IMPORT_PATH=TARGET_MyBSP

The import_deps step adds all of the dependencies from your custom BSP into the deps directory. That's the same thing that using the library manager to add the libraries manually so either one will work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @JoCh_1493306

Can you please let me know the target device, additional devices (if any) and the entire make bsp command that you used to create the custom BSP?

If possible, can you please share the entire TARGET_ folder that is generated on running the make bsp command, so that I can try and import the target BSP?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Rakshith,

I opened the example project (such as Hello_World), then right click on it and select "Buidl Targets" and then "create ...". Then I typed in "bsp TARGET_GEN=ELS002BSP DEVICE_GEN=CY8C624ABZI-S2D44 ADDITIONAL_DEVICES_GEN=CYW4343WKUBG". Then click on "Create.

Then I double clicked the new target that just shows up and then it builds the target ok. There is no issue here, it's only after I updated the library and then build it would give me that error in my original post.

I attached my target file here.

0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @JoCh_1493306

Thank you for sharing the steps. I followed the steps and I was able to create the BSP and build the application successfully. I then opened the Library Manager. The logs indicated that many of the libraries like core-lib, core-make will be removed. These libraries are essential for the build process and they should not be removed. 

I added all these libraries manually and clicked on update. I again built the application and the build was successful. 

Can you please ensure that you have the following libraries enabled in Library Manager? - 

• capsense 
  • core-lib 
  • core-make
  • mtb-hal-cat1 
  • mtb-pdl-cat1
  • psoc6cm0p 
  • recipe-make-cat1a 

Also, please follow this KBA for ModusToolbox 2.2 and later - ModusToolbox 2.2 and later: Make a Custom BSP - KBA231373

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
GregoryL_86
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on blog

There is a make target called import _deps that will add the dependencies for your custom BSP. You should run that after running make bsp. In the future this step will be automated, but for now you must run it manually. For example:

make bsp TARGET_GEN=MyBSP

make import_deps IMPORT_PATH=TARGET_MyBSP

The import_deps step adds all of the dependencies from your custom BSP into the deps directory. That's the same thing that using the library manager to add the libraries manually so either one will work.

0 Likes