Modus tool box 3.0 Freeze

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
50 questions asked 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi, Community

I am currently using Modus tool box 3.0.
Since February 15, I am experiencing very slow startup and Modus tool box freezes during the build process.
My colleague is also experiencing the same phenomenon.
The capsense configurator does not even start.

I have tried uninstalling the Modus tool box, but that did not improve things.

The network is our company LAN, but even if it is an unmanaged network at home, it freezes before the build is completed.
I was able to use it comfortably until February 10.
Did anything change in the process right after the Modus tool box starts?

Bedt Regards,

Chihiro Tatebayashi

1 Solution
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @NXTY_Tatebayasi 

Yes, the network used can affect the build time of a project. Please refer to this KBA for a workaround.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Using-ModusToolbox-Software-Behind-a-Firew...

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
LeoMathews

Hi @NXTY_Tatebayasi 

Can you please answer the following questions:

1. Are you trying to build the code examples provided by the project creator or are you trying to build a custom project?

2. Can you please tell me the build version of the installed ModusToolbox3.0(It can be found in ModusToolbox>tools3.0>version-3.0.0)

Also can you please try cleaning the workspace and then try to build the projects?

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, @LeoMathews 

Thank you for your reply and your help !

>1.  Are you trying to build the code examples provided by the project creator or are you trying to build a custom project?

The freeze occurs both in the case of the sample project generated from BSP and in the case of my custom project.
For example, creating a new project in an empty workspace often does not freeze.
However, when restarting the Modus tool box and trying to open a workspace that has already been created, the freeze occurs.

Also, builds can take 30 minutes or more at the longest. Even if the build is complete, the capsense configurator and device configurator associated with the Modus tool box will freeze when started.

>2.  Can you please tell me the build version of the installed ModusToolbox3.0(It can be found in ModusToolbox>tools3.0>version-3.0.0)

My modus tool box version is 3.0.0.9369.

Best Regards,

Chihiro Tatebayashi

LeoMathews

HI @NXTY_Tatebayasi 

Is there any change in the build time after cleaning the workspace? Or you can clean a single project and then try to rebuild it. Please see if there are any build time changes.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, @LeoMathews -san

Thank you for your reply.
I tried to clean up the project but it froze at that point so I could not proceed with the work.
On the other hand, I tried the same thing on my home network, not the company network, and it never froze.
For example, but can a firewall affect the build time of a project?
It seems to me that there could be a factor that causes the library(or manifest data , device db …) to freeze on loading.

On our home network, the same project took about a minute and a half to build. It was a significant improvement.

Best Regards, 

Chihiro Tatebayashi

LeoMathews

Hi @NXTY_Tatebayasi 

Yes, the network used can affect the build time of a project. Please refer to this KBA for a workaround.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Using-ModusToolbox-Software-Behind-a-Firew...

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, @LeoMathews  -san

Thanks for finding a way to solve the problem!

Best Regards,

Chihiro Tatebayashi 

0 Likes