Modus Toolbox - Build support for the target device not found.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PhilD
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like received First solution authored

Hello, 

I have following built error since today. I can not build example projects:

C:/Users/phili/ModusToolbox/tools_2.3/make/startex.mk:380: *** Build support for the target device not found. Run "make getlibs" to ensure all required build and code dependencies are present.. Stop.

I have tried it on two different systems (Laptop and PC). I also ran the getlibs.mk from the make folder with the modus-shell.

What could be the problem and how can I fix this?

Thanks and best regards,

Phil

Modus_Builderror_example.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
VMED
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello! The error was caused by incorrect XML entry introduced in the BSP manifest last week.

I fixed the BSP manifest, the ModusToolbox projects can be created with no error: https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-bsp-manifest/commit/1d67adcd42a2eb092362021b0327b4f780e34c16

Sorry about the inconvenience caused by this issue, the ModusToolbox development team will figure out how to prevent incorrect XML manifest edits from happening in the future.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lesmalave
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

I have the same problem

0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @PhilD ,

I am able to reproduce this error. It is due to a missing XML tag in one of our manifest files. I have notified the software team and it will be fixed today. I will update this thread once fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Currently, the workaround is to open Library Manager from ModusToolbox/tools_2.x directory and update the libraries manually. Here are the steps:

1) Open Library Manager
2) Point to the Application Directory (it will be available in the workspace even though the application failed)
3) Under Libraries, select the following libraries:

• core-lib
  • core-make
  • capsense
  • mtb-hal-cat1
  • mtb-pdl-cat1
  • psoccm0p
  • recipe-make-cat1a

4) Click Update. Once the libraries are updated, click Close.

5) Open ModusToolbox IDE > File > Import > ModusToolbox > ModusToolbox Application Import.

6) Point to the project location and click Finish

You should now be able to use the application. Let me know if this works for you 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

VMED
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello! The error was caused by incorrect XML entry introduced in the BSP manifest last week.

I fixed the BSP manifest, the ModusToolbox projects can be created with no error: https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-bsp-manifest/commit/1d67adcd42a2eb092362021b0327b4f780e34c16

Sorry about the inconvenience caused by this issue, the ModusToolbox development team will figure out how to prevent incorrect XML manifest edits from happening in the future.

lesmalave
Level 2
Level 2

Screenshot 2021-06-28 124749.png

0 Likes
lesmalave
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you @VMED  , for reply.
I have not even solved the problem.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Modustoolbox 2.3.1. I have created a new workspace, too. And the result was the same. 😞

0 Likes
lesmalave
Level 2
Level 2

With the most recent update, now everything is working correctly. Including my previous projects and workspaces that I had previously backed up. 😎👍

0 Likes