Modus Tollbox 2.4 failed to create Empty PSOC6 App project using CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 BSP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Andrius
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi, 

after upgrading to the 2.4 version I'm not able to create a new PSOC6 application if I choose CY8CKIT-062S2-43012. 

The following error message :

ERROR: Generating code failed. Code generation errors:

- Errors exist in the project's configuration:

'bt[0].power[0]' does not exist on the device but has an instantiated personality, 'BT-1.0'.

make: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.0/make/core/config.mk:259: libs/TARGET_CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/COMPONENT_BSP_DESIGN_MODUS/GeneratedSource/cycfg.timestamp] Error 1

Failed to export the "Empty_PSoC6_App_1" project to Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox.

Failed to create and export the "Empty_PSoC6_App_1" application.

Full log file in attachment.  If I choose CY8CPROTO-063-BLE I'm able to create a new application. 

Also, I have uninstalled Modus toolbox 2.4 but the problem still persists.

So any ideas on how to fix this?  

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Andrius ,

I was able to reproduce the error you were observing in ModusToolbox 2.4 and figured out that the issues was caused due to the incorrect tools path that is used, i.e. from the log file that you shared, it can be observed that you are still using the tools_2.3 instead of tools_2.4.
Please correct this by editing the CY_TOOLS_PATHS environment variable to point to the path containing the tools_2.4 folder for ModusToolbox 2.4 as shown below (Make sure to use back slashes for env variable path):

AlenAn14_0-1638785593981.png

After this close reopen ModusToolbox 2.4 and run project creator again. If the above step is successful, when you open project creator , you will see the latest 1.40 version as shown below:

AlenAn14_1-1638785697274.png

Hope this helps.

Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AlenAn14

Hi @Andrius ,

I was able to reproduce the error you were observing in ModusToolbox 2.4 and figured out that the issues was caused due to the incorrect tools path that is used, i.e. from the log file that you shared, it can be observed that you are still using the tools_2.3 instead of tools_2.4.
Please correct this by editing the CY_TOOLS_PATHS environment variable to point to the path containing the tools_2.4 folder for ModusToolbox 2.4 as shown below (Make sure to use back slashes for env variable path):

AlenAn14_0-1638785593981.png

After this close reopen ModusToolbox 2.4 and run project creator again. If the above step is successful, when you open project creator , you will see the latest 1.40 version as shown below:

AlenAn14_1-1638785697274.png

Hope this helps.

Regards
Alen

0 Likes

Hi Alen,

it helps, now I'm able to create the new application. 

Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @Andrius ,

Glad that it is working and your query is resolved.

You can go ahead and accept my previous response as the solution so we can close the thread.

Please feel free to post any queries or issues you may face in our products in the community.

Regards
Alen

0 Likes