Migration from existing Wiced Smart IDE project to ModusToolBox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Lokraj
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi ,

We are having existing project which was created using  Wiced Smart IDE for  CYW43907 Soc. We are planing to migrate the existing project from Wiced IDE to ModusToolBox. I have installed "ModusToolbox_3.0.0.9369-windows-install" version. Please let me know Is there any step by step migration guide for the same. What would be easy and Quickway to do the same?

Thanks ,

Lokraj

__PRESENT

0 Likes
11 Replies
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @Lokraj ,

You can use the code examples available in modus tool box to implement the features needed for your project.

I will check if there is any document available.

Thanks,

Rakesh  B G

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Rakesh,

I am not finding any document /examples for migration  from wiced IDE to ModusToolBox.  Is it possible to add  source files of our  existing project created in wiced ide to ModusToolBox by creating empty project and compile the same. This is to  check quickly . However for our upcoming projects we would create new projects from scratch in ModusToolBox  using project creator and HAL code generator. 

One more thing in project creator i am seeing only BSPs for Kits and not for custom Hardware as shown in attached image. So that i can create empty project for  CYW43907 Soc.

Thanks,

Lokraj

Thanks,

Lokraj.

__PRESENT

0 Likes

Hi Rakesh,
We are using the CYW43907 SOC for our product. I have selected CYW43907KWBG kit in project creator because this is the only option available there for CYW43907 SOC. Correct me if I am wrong. I would like to add drivers and peripherals, however device configurator and other configurator tools are not available for the CYW43907 SOC. However, there are several configurators available for one of PSoc6 Project.
Could you please let me know how these configurator tools are not available for CYW43907 SOC.

Thanks & Regards,
Lokraj Patro

0 Likes
Rakesh_BG

Hi @Lokraj ,

CYW43907 complete support in Modus tool box is still under development. 

You might not get the complete support on MTB know.

Regards,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes

Hi Rakesh,

Is there any alternative easy way to add peripherals like SPI , Timer and etc to this CYW43907  project ? Unlike write configuration code from scratch and add to the project which is tedious process.  In ModusToolbox™ tools package user guide explains by using configurator tool.

Could you please share any document where the process is  mentioned to add peripheral without using configurator tool in MTB.

Thanks & Regards,

Lokraj Patro

0 Likes

Hi Rakesh,

Could you please let me know the tentative release date of MTB CYW43907 complete support?

According that we will take decision either we will use the MYB tool now or once it is ready with  complete support for CYW43907 Soc.

Thanks ,

Lokraj

0 Likes

Hi @Rakesh_BG ,

Similarly, could you please let me know "Complete support for CY4343W SOC available is on MTB now?"  OR Is it under development for CY4343W SOC also ?

Thanks,

Lokraj

0 Likes
thalasur
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

device configurator and other configurator tools are not available for the CYW43907 SOC guest survey Restaurant Survey

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Lokraj
Level 2
Level 2

Hi ,
I have created CYW43907 project in ModusToolBoX . I am observing some of the peripheral drivers are missing in Hardware abstraction Layer like I2S, SDIO, QSPI etc. Please let me know here I can get all complete peripheral library of CYW43907 MTB. Please find the attached snap short of MTB below for reference.

Thanks for quick response in advance.
Lokraj

0 Likes
Lokraj
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @Rakesh_BG ,

Similarly, could you please let me know "Complete support for CY4343W SOC available is on MTB now?"  OR Is it under development for CY4343W SOC also ?

Thanks,

Lokraj

0 Likes
Rakesh_BG

Hi,

CY8CPROTO-062-4343W is supported with many example codes in MTB.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CY8CPROTO-062-4343W_PSoC_6_Wi-Fi_BT_Prototyping_Kit_Guide-Use...

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes