Make build errors?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
skruglewicz
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins First like received 5 solutions authored

I have imported a project that was written for another kit. I changed the target= in the makefile and changed the 

Library Manager to my kit which is CY8CKIT-062S2-43012

it was CY8CPROTO-062-4343W 

I try to build and I get 6 Errors as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Description Resource Path Location Type

#error "MBEDTLS_PSA_ITS_FILE_C defined, but not all prerequisites" check_config.h /mtb_shared_2/mbedtls/mbedtls-2.22.0/include/mbedtls line 580 C/C++ Problem

make: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.0/make/core/main.mk:434: secondstage_build] Error 2 Nanodrone_II C/C++ Problem

make[1]: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.0/make/core/build.mk:387: C:/PSoC6/Nanodrone-II_PSoC6-main/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Custom/ext/mtb_shared/mbedtls/mbedtls-2.22.0/library/aes.o] Error 1 Nanodrone_II C/C++ Problem

make[1]: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.0/make/core/build.mk:387: C:/PSoC6/Nanodrone-II_PSoC6-main/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Custom/ext/mtb_shared/mbedtls/mbedtls-2.22.0/library/aesni.o] Error 1 Nanodrone_II C/C++ Problem

make[1]: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.0/make/core/build.mk:387: C:/PSoC6/Nanodrone-II_PSoC6-main/build/CY8CKIT-062S2-43012/Custom/ext/mtb_shared/mbedtls/mbedtls-2.22.0/library/arc4.o] Error 1 Nanodrone_II C/C++ Problem

make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... Nanodrone_II C/C++ Problem

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

not sure what the errors mean?

can anyone point me in the right direction so I can build this project.

makefile is attached

Regards

Steve K

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Rakshith 

SUCCESS....... I am able to build the project.!!!

I had followed your directions above exactly and was getting the error I described. The only difference was that I modified the Makefile in the editor, setting TARGET=  and then I updated the Library

Screenshot 2021-10-30 114722.jpg

By only editing the Makefile this did not work . But if I understood what the comment above the variable meant as.  "run the Library manager assuring the kit is selected and set as Active (using the select boards right-click menu option Set Active)).", I would have had success on the first try. Apparently you can't just  change the makefile without setting the board as ACTIVE in the library manager. in the GUI version.

It wasn't evident in the GUI, that you had to perform a Right-Click and select "Set Active" from the only option on the menu. this was the whole reason my import of the project would not build. 

To build successfully I simply changed the  kit name to active as described below and then I pressed the "Update" button. 

Screenshot 2021-10-30 114701.jpg

After the update was done. I closed the library Manager. I built the project from  the project right-click menu Build this time, instead of in the quick launch BUILD. I don't think it matters.

To import and build a project that uses a different board you need to build the BSP library So the steps are in the GUI on ModusToolbox 2.4 are:

1. Unzip repo to a directory under you workspace.
  2. Import the project folder . Using the quick launch "Import Application" option
  3. Run the Library Manager from the Quick Launch "Library manger 1.40"
    1. Select the Kit you using by checking the Checkbox.
    2. On the board name, Right-Mouse-click, select "Set Active". Observe the board name changed to include ACTIVE
    3. Press the Update button to Build the BSP.
    4. Close the library manager.
  4. BUILD the project using the Quick launch "Build  <project name >"

Thanks for all your help

Steve K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
skruglewicz
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins First like received 5 solutions authored

Here is the Library manager dialog for yet another try to build the project

What does this mean?

I do not see any libray for MBEDTLS?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Checking if remote manifest is accessible...
Getting manifests from remote server...
#################################################################################################### 100%
Processing super-manifest https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-super-manifest/raw/v2.X/mtb-super-manifest-fv2.xml...
Successfully acquired the information.

Reading project (C:/PSoC6/Nanodrone-II_PSoC6-main) information...

Successfully acquired project information.

INFO - Warning: Multiple versions of "core-make" requested. Keeping version "latest-v1.X" and discarding version "release-v1.9.0".
INFO - Warning: Multiple versions of "freertos" requested. Keeping version "release-v10.3.1" and discarding version "latest-v10.X".
INFO - Warning: Multiple versions of "whd-bsp-integration" requested. Keeping version "release-v1.1.2" and discarding version "latest-v2.X".
INFO - You have specified to use "freertos release-v10.3.1". There is a new minor or patch version available.
INFO - You have specified to use "whd-bsp-integration release-v1.1.2". There is a new minor or patch version available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

skruglewicz_0-1634870967030.png

0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @skruglewicz

Can you please share the mbed config file (mbedtls_user_config.h)? If possible, please share the entire project so that we can try it out at our end.

The mbedtls library should be listed under the Core section in the Libraries tab. You can also search for mbedtls and the library should show up - 

Rakshith_0-1635171441968.png

The warnings in Library Manager just indicate that there is a newer version of some of the libraries in your application. You can choose to upgrade the library or ignore the warnings.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Hello Rakshith,

Thanks so much for answering some of my questions on the mbedtls library and the warnings in Library Manager .

Your answer for the Library manager  question

"warnings in the Library Manager,  just indicate that there is a  newer version of some of the libraries in your application. "

Prompted me to try the following:

I changed the mbedtls versions and it cleared up some of the errors. it came down to 4. But never built.

I did do the patch for the SSL server? recommended by https://community.infineon.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/67861

https://community.infineon.com/t5/AnyCloud-SDK/Known-fatal-error-workaround-for-expired-SSL-certific...

did this break the build?

Here is the link to the entire project that I'm trying to build

The GitHub repo is by the author of the project code, Jan Crumps, a fellow member on Element14.com EE Blog.

https://github.com/alicemirror/Nanodrone-II_PSoC6 

Let me know if you can build it?

0 Likes

Hi Rakshith

I don't know if you have tried to duplicate my problem. the author has since changed the code ,since he was also having the same problem I had building.

I use another file from this github repo. you can download the project: https://github.com/jancumps/Nanodrone-II_PSoC6/releases/tag/3.1.0

I installed ModusToolbox 2.4 and followed the following steps . I do not get all the errors described before  but I do get only one.

steps:

i use the Import ModusToolbox Application wizard, and select the <workspace>NanodroneII_PSoC6 directory, to get it registered in the IDE.

From that moment on, the Library Manager is available to change the board / processor.

This will prevent that there are 2 shared libraries.

Error:

Description Resource Path Location Type
make: *** Build support for the target device not found. Run "make getlibs" to ensure all required build and code dependencies are present.. Stop. Nanodrone-II_PSoC6-3.1.0 line 398, external location: C:\Users\skrug\ModusToolbox\tools_2.4\make\startex.mk C/C++ Problem

The author of the code mede these changes and it builds for him?

One Note: he is using the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and I am using the kit CY8CKIT-06252-43012. I erformed the Libray manager update for my kit after the import?

Not sure why It doesn't build on my kit?

Regards

Steve K

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Steve, 

My apologies. I missed your response which is why I could not try out your project. 
I tried the new project that you shared. I placed the zip file in a new folder named MTB, extracted it, and created a ModusToolbox workspace in the MTB folder. In the Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox, I clicked on Import Application and selected the extracted Nanodrone-II_PSoC6-3.1.0 folder.

Rakshith_0-1635443193743.png

Although this imports the project into the Eclipse workspace this does not import the libraries. I then opened Library Manager and added the CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 device as shown and clicked on Update. 

Rakshith_1-1635443373595.png

This imports all the necessary libraries. I built the project to confirm that the build works. I then opened the Library Manager, changed the active device to CY8CKIT-062S2-43012, and built the project again. In both cases, the build was successful.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello Rakshith 

SUCCESS....... I am able to build the project.!!!

I had followed your directions above exactly and was getting the error I described. The only difference was that I modified the Makefile in the editor, setting TARGET=  and then I updated the Library

Screenshot 2021-10-30 114722.jpg

By only editing the Makefile this did not work . But if I understood what the comment above the variable meant as.  "run the Library manager assuring the kit is selected and set as Active (using the select boards right-click menu option Set Active)).", I would have had success on the first try. Apparently you can't just  change the makefile without setting the board as ACTIVE in the library manager. in the GUI version.

It wasn't evident in the GUI, that you had to perform a Right-Click and select "Set Active" from the only option on the menu. this was the whole reason my import of the project would not build. 

To build successfully I simply changed the  kit name to active as described below and then I pressed the "Update" button. 

Screenshot 2021-10-30 114701.jpg

After the update was done. I closed the library Manager. I built the project from  the project right-click menu Build this time, instead of in the quick launch BUILD. I don't think it matters.

To import and build a project that uses a different board you need to build the BSP library So the steps are in the GUI on ModusToolbox 2.4 are:

1. Unzip repo to a directory under you workspace.
  2. Import the project folder . Using the quick launch "Import Application" option
  3. Run the Library Manager from the Quick Launch "Library manger 1.40"
    1. Select the Kit you using by checking the Checkbox.
    2. On the board name, Right-Mouse-click, select "Set Active". Observe the board name changed to include ACTIVE
    3. Press the Update button to Build the BSP.
    4. Close the library manager.
  4. BUILD the project using the Quick launch "Build  <project name >"

Thanks for all your help

Steve K

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Steve, 

Glad your issue is resolved.
Yes, that is correct, directly modifying the makefile will not reflect in the Library Manager and the Launch Configurations. 
Also, you can select the active BSP by using the Active BSP dropdown below the project path.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes