MTB 2.1 Issue(?): "Hello_World" app Runs but I cannot Debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hi,

Note: Using CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

I've spotted a potential MTB 2.1 issue where I can launch the "Hello_World" app as a "Run".  It works.

When I launch it as a "Debug" it terminates.  See pic below.

pastedImage_0.png

It's probably a setting that got changed.  I can "Debug" other applications in the workspace.

I can upload the project however the archiving process generates LARGE files. Unzipped: 78.4MB  Zipped: 21MB.

Len

Message was edited by: Len Update: Without changing the source code or build, a System Restart fixed the issue. It would appear that in the previous System session, the Debug (gdb) task was "corrupted" or "confused" and would not let me enter into Debug mode.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
1 Solution

Dheeraj,

I tried that.  It didn't work.

I even exited MTB and restarted it multiple times.  Still didn't work.

Only after a system reset did it clear the GDB task.  Another thing I should note. After the GDB lockup occurred, I could not run Debug on any other projects until I performed the system reset.

Len

Len

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Len,

Glad you were able to resolve your error. If the debug session gets corrupted or doesn't work due to some reason, you can always go to the Debug tab and terminate the active session. You can begin a new session thereafter.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Dheeraj,

I tried that.  It didn't work.

I even exited MTB and restarted it multiple times.  Still didn't work.

Only after a system reset did it clear the GDB task.  Another thing I should note. After the GDB lockup occurred, I could not run Debug on any other projects until I performed the system reset.

Len

Len
0 Likes