How to make blank PSoC6 project in Modus toolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Oliver_Choe
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins First comment on KBA

Hi

I am trying to know how should I make blank Modus toolbox project for PSoC6.

this is my first time to use Modus toolbox and I have experience with DAVE4 before. but I think this program is much complex than DAVE4.

I found that there are some guides about using PSoC6 kits and also there is BSP of PSOC6_GENERIC when I trying to make new project.

After I choose PSOC6_GENERIC as a target and press next button, I choose ADC_basic in the list of the application templates.( I can not understand why there is no empty or blank templates can choose, like other IDEs from other chip makers)

after that, I tried to change target device from default to CY8C624ABZI using device configurator, but I think this is not the right way to change target device.

because I got a error from IDE like below.

Description Resource Path Location Type
make: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.0/make/core/config.mk:246: check_device] Error 1 ADC_basic C/C++ Problem

Is there other way to set target device ? and why there is no blank template for custom board?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Oliver_Choe ,

>>After I choose PSOC6_GENERIC as a target and press next button, I choose ADC_basic in the list of the application templates.( I can not understand why there is no empty or blank templates can choose, like other IDEs from other chip makers)

You were not able to observe the empty project templates because you had opted for PSoC6_GENERIC in the step for selecting the BSP. Instead of the PSOC6_GENERIC, you can select the BSP CY8CKIT-062-BLE, as this kit uses the same device/MCU as the PSOC6_GENERIC and then click on Next>.

AlenAn14_2-1644927453772.png

So now in the template application selections window, you can observe the empty psoc6 application template as shown below which you can use to start your project from scratch.

AlenAn14_0-1644927316701.png

>>after that, I tried to change target device from default to CY8C624ABZI using device configurator, but I think this is not the right way to change target device.

This method of using the device configurator will only generate the source for the new device you selected in the same but will not create/download the additional dependencies for the new device.
You can change the selected BSP by following the steps in section 5.3, Creating your own BSP, in the ModusToolbox User Guide.

Warm Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlenAn14

Hi @Oliver_Choe ,

>>After I choose PSOC6_GENERIC as a target and press next button, I choose ADC_basic in the list of the application templates.( I can not understand why there is no empty or blank templates can choose, like other IDEs from other chip makers)

You were not able to observe the empty project templates because you had opted for PSoC6_GENERIC in the step for selecting the BSP. Instead of the PSOC6_GENERIC, you can select the BSP CY8CKIT-062-BLE, as this kit uses the same device/MCU as the PSOC6_GENERIC and then click on Next>.

AlenAn14_2-1644927453772.png

So now in the template application selections window, you can observe the empty psoc6 application template as shown below which you can use to start your project from scratch.

AlenAn14_0-1644927316701.png

>>after that, I tried to change target device from default to CY8C624ABZI using device configurator, but I think this is not the right way to change target device.

This method of using the device configurator will only generate the source for the new device you selected in the same but will not create/download the additional dependencies for the new device.
You can change the selected BSP by following the steps in section 5.3, Creating your own BSP, in the ModusToolbox User Guide.

Warm Regards
Alen

AlenAn14

Hi @Oliver_Choe 

Glad your query is resolved.
Please feel free to post any queries or issues you may have on Infineon products in the community and we will be happy to help.

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes