Has support for IoT_Expert examples in ModusToolbox been dropped?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

After a fresh install of ModusToolbox 3, I attempted to create every application for CY8CPROTO-062-4343W.

All applications that start with "IoT_Expert_", produced an "ERROR:Failed to create and export"

The end of the console report after running the "Create" is as follows.

Successfully created and exported "WiFi_TCP_Server" application.
Successfully created and exported "WiFi_UDP_Client" application.
Successfully created and exported "WiFi_UDP_Server" application.
Successfully created and exported "emFile_Filesystem" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_BLE_Scanner" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_Embedded_World_2021_Lesson_1" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_Embedded_World_2021_Lesson_2" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_Embedded_World_2021_Lesson_3" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_Embedded_World_2021_Lesson_4" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_Embedded_World_2021_Lesson_5" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_Embedded_World_2021_Lesson_6" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_Embedded_World_2021_Lesson_7" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_FreeRTOS_NTShell_Template" application.
ERROR:Failed to create and export "IoT_Expert_FreeRTOS_Template" application.

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

In general, the IOT_Expert_ examples continue to be supported in the version of ModusToolbox for which they were created. They should work with version 2.3 or 2.4, for example. I am not that familiar with them.

So, I would not say support was "dropped" so much as there were a bunch of changes in ModusToolbox 3.0 tools and infrastructure, but the IOT_Expert_ examples were not updated to accommodate those changes.

It might be possible to convert those examples to 3.0 format, but as I mentioned I am not that familiar with them.

Here's the KBA about it: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Migrating-ModusToolbox-applications-from-v...

However, as I am sure you have discovered by now, the default example applications for the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W BSP work out of the box. It might be a more productive experience using those examples and modifying the source code as appropriate to achieve the desired results.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

In general, the IOT_Expert_ examples continue to be supported in the version of ModusToolbox for which they were created. They should work with version 2.3 or 2.4, for example. I am not that familiar with them.

So, I would not say support was "dropped" so much as there were a bunch of changes in ModusToolbox 3.0 tools and infrastructure, but the IOT_Expert_ examples were not updated to accommodate those changes.

It might be possible to convert those examples to 3.0 format, but as I mentioned I am not that familiar with them.

Here's the KBA about it: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Migrating-ModusToolbox-applications-from-v...

However, as I am sure you have discovered by now, the default example applications for the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W BSP work out of the box. It might be a more productive experience using those examples and modifying the source code as appropriate to achieve the desired results.

Good luck!