Git Clone error creating wiced_btsdk application Modus Toolbox 2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiCr_4063401
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi guys,

I noticed that Modus Toolbox v2.0 is available, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm having an issue creating the wiced_btdsk project on Mac OS 10.15. Seems to be an issue with the git clone:

==============================================================================

= Cloning 'wiced_btsdk' =

==============================================================================

Cloning https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/wiced_btsdk into /Users/nick/mtw directory...

Cloning into 'wiced_btsdk'...

fatal: could not read Username for 'https://github.com': Device not configured

"git clone" failed.

Failed to create "wiced_btsdk" application.

I've got all the developer tools installed, and I use git all the time, so that's fine. Any idea what's going on here?

I've also noticed that there's no longer any option to install an SDK from cysdk archive. Has that functionality been deprecated? What's the expected flow in v2.0 when a new BT or PSOC SDK is released?

-Nick

0 Likes
1 Solution

NiCr_4063401

Follow the instructions here: ModusToolbox BT SDK​ for BT_SDK 2.0 as the process for loading the new  BT_SDK 2.0 within ModusToolBox 2.0 has changed a bit from previous versions.

Notes for Installing BT SDK 2.0 with ModusToolbox 2.0:

• Within the ModusToolbox IDE, click the “New Application” link in the Quick Panel
    • -Alternatively, you can select File -> New -> ModusToolbox IDE Application
  • Next, select the evaluation board you are using with BT SDK 2.0
  • Now you will select wiced-btsdk while noting that this project contains the actual SDK which is used by all BT SDK 2.0 applications.
    • -You will need to create this project just once in the working directory
    • -Do not change the name of this project as all BT SDK 2.0 applications use the same project name within their application makefiles.
      • -This step can take up to 15 minutes,but will not need to be invoked again once initially executed
  • After the wiced_btsdk project is created, again click the “New Application” link and then the evaluation board followed by the application you wish to use within BT SDK 2.0.

Additionally, if you installed the MT 2.0 IDE in a non-default location, pay attention to this note which is tucked away in the installation guide as I've seen it trip up a few people:

pastedImage_0.png

MatthewS_51

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Nick,

ModusToolbox 2.0 is designed to work with BT_SDK 2.0.

We will be posting BT_SDK 2.0 later today.

Mike

0 Likes

Thanks Mike,

I'm also unable to get this project to work in Windows. It says it's cloning the SDK, but I've been waiting for 10 minutes now and it's just stuck somewhere. I've got a very very fast internet connection, and looking at the folder it's trying to clone to, it seems like it just isn't actually cloning anything. The folder is empty except for the .git subfolder.

pastedImage_0.png

My question in the initial post was more along the lines of what happens when BT_SDK 2.1 is released? How can a user install that? Will there just be a new release of Modus Toolbox, or does this git clone in Modus Toolbox always try to pull the latest version?

0 Likes

I see, it seems that this repo is still private on git:

https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/wiced_btsdk

That's probably what you meant by it being released later today. I guess I got unlucky and downloaded Modus Toolbox 2.0 a little bit too early...

-Nick

0 Likes

NiCr_4063401

We are in transition and making GitHub repos public  regularly. So apologies that the BTSDK repos aren't there yet. I am expecting that to happen today. Appreciate your patience.

You had another question.

My question in the initial post was more along the lines of what happens when BT_SDK 2.1 is released? How can a user install that? Will there just be a new release of Modus Toolbox, or does this git clone in Modus Toolbox always try to pull the latest version?

ModusToolbox will update over time, but there is no need to get a new version of ModusToolbox to get a newer library. With MTB 2.0, libraries like btsdk are now independent modules available on GitHub.

So when btsdk 2.1 shows up, you can manage the library as you see fit. You can get a specific release (say you want to stick with 2.0) or you can get the latest. It's up to you, really. Cypress starter applications/code examples typically use the latest.

Glad this is now known and being addressed. Ran into this problem early this morning. I wasn't sure if it was me/my environment/OS or a real issue.

Hopefully, this thread will be updated when the issue is fixed.

0 Likes

You are not forgotten. I am still waiting on approval to release the BTSDK repositories.  I will update this thread with a heads up when they are public.

Again, thanks for your patience.

NiCr_4063401

Follow the instructions here: ModusToolbox BT SDK​ for BT_SDK 2.0 as the process for loading the new  BT_SDK 2.0 within ModusToolBox 2.0 has changed a bit from previous versions.

Notes for Installing BT SDK 2.0 with ModusToolbox 2.0:

• Within the ModusToolbox IDE, click the “New Application” link in the Quick Panel
    • -Alternatively, you can select File -> New -> ModusToolbox IDE Application
  • Next, select the evaluation board you are using with BT SDK 2.0
  • Now you will select wiced-btsdk while noting that this project contains the actual SDK which is used by all BT SDK 2.0 applications.
    • -You will need to create this project just once in the working directory
    • -Do not change the name of this project as all BT SDK 2.0 applications use the same project name within their application makefiles.
      • -This step can take up to 15 minutes,but will not need to be invoked again once initially executed
  • After the wiced_btsdk project is created, again click the “New Application” link and then the evaluation board followed by the application you wish to use within BT SDK 2.0.

Additionally, if you installed the MT 2.0 IDE in a non-default location, pay attention to this note which is tucked away in the installation guide as I've seen it trip up a few people:

pastedImage_0.png

MatthewS_51

0 Likes
JamesT_21
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored First solution authored

The bluetooth sdk repositories are now public.

It turned out to be not "later today" but a week, and for that I appreciate your patience.

0 Likes