GPIO Bridge Feature & fw-loader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Michael_Kupfner
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

KitProg3 User Guide, chapter 2.2.5.2 GPIO Bridge Feature, says...

You can also use fw-loader GPIO dedicated command line options to set mode and state of GPIO pin:
fw-loader --set-kp3-gpio-pin <pin_number> <pin_mode> <state>

Use this command to read the current state of a pin:
fw-loader --read-kp3-gpio-pin <pin_number>

For example, to set 3[5] (port 3, pin 5) GPIO pin to High state in ResUp operational mode, use
fw -loader --set-kp3-gpio-pin 35 ResUp 1

To read current state of 3[6] (port 3, pin 6) GPIO pin, use:
fw -loader --read-kp3-gpio-pin 36

I'm using the latest fw-loader version which Infineon provides via github - which is version 3.3.0. But whenever I try to execute one of the recommendended commands, I get an error saying that I'm using an uncrecognized command:

fw-loader --read-kp3-gpio-pin 36
Cypress Firmware Updater, Version: 3.3.0.1370
(C) Copyright 2018-2021 by Cypress Semiconductor Corporation (an Infineon company)
All Rights Reserved

Error: Unrecognized command '--read-kp3-gpio-pin'. Run the app without arguments to see all supported command line options

If I'm executing fw-loader without arguments the command read/set-kp3-gpio-pin is missing... which is a bit confusing. Has anyone any idea what could be going wrong here?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @Michael_Kupfner,

These commands are not supported in the fw-loader 3.3.0 version. It is because new commands as shown below in the screenshot are available in the next release. We have requested to revert the Kitprog3 User guide to the previous version. It will be soon available.

Gautami_12_0-1658422509808.png

Thanks for addressing this issue.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Gautami_12

Hi @Michael_Kupfner ,

We will forward your query to our internal team, who will evaluate your query.
We will provide a response as soon as we get an update from our internal team.
Thank you for your patience.

Thanks and Regards,
Gautami J
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
An Infineon Technologies Company

0 Likes
Gautami_12

Hi @Michael_Kupfner,

These commands are not supported in the fw-loader 3.3.0 version. It is because new commands as shown below in the screenshot are available in the next release. We have requested to revert the Kitprog3 User guide to the previous version. It will be soon available.

Gautami_12_0-1658422509808.png

Thanks for addressing this issue.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes
Michael_Kupfner
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Gautami,

thanks for clarifying this issue with your internal team. When will the next version be available?

Instead of reverting the KitProg User Guide back to current fw-loader Version, wouldn't it make more sense to release the new version as a "unstable" one (at GitHub)?

Kind regards,

Michael

0 Likes
Gautami_12

Hi  @Michael_Kupfner,

Thanks for the suggestion. Further steps on this  will be taken by the firmware team.
I hope your query has been resolved. Please feel free to post any queries or issues you may have on Infineon products in the community and we will be happy to help.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes