Errors in the .h files after importing libraries

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MAcomp_gd
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build a simple dual-CPU project for my new CY8CPROTO-062-4343W, and I'm quite new to ModusToolbox. 

The simple first project I'm trying to run on the board tries to connect it to my home AP and then just repeatedly prints its IPv4. To achieve this, I decided to use the cy_wcm.h library  and I was able to write the code in both the main.c files. The problem came after I imported the libraries with the help of the ModusToolbox library manager. I'm not able to compile because of errors in such libraries that I don't know how to get rid of. I tried to explore the makefile but with no avail.

This is an example of what I included for the WiFi project:

library managerlibrary manager

And this is an example of the errors I'm getting in the libraries and headers I imported, they're all similar (type mismatch, unknown type) as some .h files couldn't see each other:

errorserrors

I might be messing up the inclusions, I'm importing some other important libraries because I need to extend the scope of our project, but after all the procedure I'm following is the one suggested by the user guide.

Could someone shed a light for me here please?

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @MAcomp_gd

We will have to add a few defines and components to use the WiFi and RTOS libraries.

Rakshith_0-1623245735268.png

Can you please confirm if you have added all the defines that are needed? You can use this makefile from one of our code examples as a reference. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @MAcomp_gd

We will have to add a few defines and components to use the WiFi and RTOS libraries.

Rakshith_0-1623245735268.png

Can you please confirm if you have added all the defines that are needed? You can use this makefile from one of our code examples as a reference. 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
MAcomp_gd
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Many thanks @Rakshith .

That correction actually improved the situation.  I still suppose there are some more includes to specify in the makefile. I tried some but they didn't actually work.

The last errors I'm getting are mostly about "can't find  core_http_config.h" 

and "can't find core_mqtt_config.h".

In addition:

libraries.png

Also, have you got any additional user guide / resource for these changes we're making in the makefile ? I would like to understand definitively what keywords should I use to include libraries in the makefile after I add the libraries to my project through the Library Manager in MTB.

Thanks and regards.

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @MAcomp_gd

Although we do not have a single guide for all the changes required for each library, the changes needed for each library are mentioned in the respective readme files or the API Reference Guide. For example, for the http-client library please refer to this readme file - 

Rakshith_0-1623682801066.png

Rakshith_1-1623682842977.png

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B