Dual Core M4 and M0+ - decide which files to execute on cores

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gisc_1091076
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 5 questions asked First question asked

Hi,

I have upload the simple  project  'Hello World' on ModusToolbox. I'am using the evaboard psoc 62S2 43012. I hava understand that il main.c is exucte on core M4 and the file psoc6_02_cm0p_secure.c is exuted from the core M0+, it's corrects ?  How can i decide if to use core M4 or core M0+ ? in which section or menù of Modus can i setting which files must execute the M4 and M0 + cores ?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Not necessary. You could define any name for the APPNAME in the CM4 makefile. Preferably, you could define the APPNAME=cy_m0p_image for the CM0+ makefile, so there is no need to customize the linker script (see section 4.1.1.3 and 4.1.3 AppNote for details).

To make easier, you can start a project from one of our dual-cpu code examples:

Cypress Semiconductor Corporation · GitHub

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hello,

By default, most of the code examples that comes with ModusToolbox, including the 'Hello World', use the psoc6_02_cm0p_sleep.c. The secure image is only used by the PSoC 64 series.

If you want to customize the CM0+ code, you can refer to this AppNote:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an215656-psoc-6-mcu-dual-cpu-system-design

0 Likes

Thank you,

Can you confirm me if i understand correctly, is need only insert these 4 line on the Makefile ?

CORE=CM0P

APPNAME=main_m0p.c

CORE=CM4

APPNAME= main_m4p.c

So the core M0p execute the file main_m0p.c and the core M4 execute the file main_m4p.c , is corrects ?

0 Likes

Not necessary. You could define any name for the APPNAME in the CM4 makefile. Preferably, you could define the APPNAME=cy_m0p_image for the CM0+ makefile, so there is no need to customize the linker script (see section 4.1.1.3 and 4.1.3 AppNote for details).

To make easier, you can start a project from one of our dual-cpu code examples:

Cypress Semiconductor Corporation · GitHub

0 Likes