Does CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT work with ModusToolbox in terms of WiFi?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoCh_1493306
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I saw that in older version of MTB (Version 2.0) it doesn't support WiFi for CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT. Do we have that enabled in MTB Version 2.2? After searching online and trying to find corresponding examples, I can't find any example for this dev kit to use WiFi feature. All AnyCloud examples are with BLE application.

So does MTB latest version (2.2) support WiFi on CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT? If so can you share with me an example?

If not, what is the ETA to get WiFi supported for this dev kit on MTB?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

There is a manifest file issue that is hiding the code examples for smaller-memory PSoC devices. We will get that fixed!

The devices are fully supported for Wi-Fi and there is an easy way to make this work. You just create the project and then change the BSP. Here are the steps I took using the Project Creator and Library Manager tools (but you can do the same from the Eclipse for ModusToolbox IDE too).

1. In Project Creator choose the CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 kit and press Next.
  2. Check the AnyCloud TCP Client example (any example is good) and press Create.
  3. Open the project in the Library Manager.
  4. Select the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT kit and chose it in the "Active BSP" drop-down, and press Apply.
  5. Build and program.

A few of the AnyCloud examples pull in almost all of the available libraries. This is fine for the big devices but can cause memory overflow in the smaller ones. We are working on making better use of external memory for those examples.

Here is a screenshot of my Library Manager session.

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

I saw we can support it from github link, but failed to get wifi application in 2.2 , will keep tracking when we will release the support, thanks.

0 Likes

There is a manifest file issue that is hiding the code examples for smaller-memory PSoC devices. We will get that fixed!

The devices are fully supported for Wi-Fi and there is an easy way to make this work. You just create the project and then change the BSP. Here are the steps I took using the Project Creator and Library Manager tools (but you can do the same from the Eclipse for ModusToolbox IDE too).

1. In Project Creator choose the CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 kit and press Next.
  2. Check the AnyCloud TCP Client example (any example is good) and press Create.
  3. Open the project in the Library Manager.
  4. Select the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT kit and chose it in the "Active BSP" drop-down, and press Apply.
  5. Build and program.

A few of the AnyCloud examples pull in almost all of the available libraries. This is fine for the big devices but can cause memory overflow in the smaller ones. We are working on making better use of external memory for those examples.

Here is a screenshot of my Library Manager session.

pastedImage_2.png