Copy project in Modus Toolbox workspace

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ravo
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 5 comments on blog 5 solutions authored

Dears,

I need to copy project from one computer to another. I have Modus Toolbox 3.0 on both computers.

same workspace path c:\users\xxx\mtw3\ On both PC same installed BSP in mtb_shared folder

But after copy complete project folder it could not be compiled without error. Actually I have about 7269 erros.

ravo_0-1673611883960.png

I also try to run make getlibs, but it did not help.

What could be wrong. Or is there any Export/Import function for ModusToolbox applications ?

Regards

Radim

0 Likes
1 Solution
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

I am sorry you had this experience.

First, to be clear -- this is specific to Eclipse and not ModusToolbox in general. There are many ways to save BSPs and applications depending on what tools you want to use.

Second, we provide instructions for "sharing" or "Exporting" a project in the Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox user guide: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ModusToolbox_3.0_Eclipse_IDE_User_Guide-GettingStarted-v01_00... Sections 1.6 and 1.7.

In theory, you should be able to just copy the entire root directory for an Eclipse Workspace on one computer and paste it to another computer. Then, in Eclipse on the 2nd computer, simply open that Workspace. You just have to make sure you're pointing to the Workspace folder and not the application folder.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
conradc2380
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi

Agree sharing a project or moving to a new pc is not user friendly in MTB. However I find some times the following works

1, On new PC do not include the .metadata folder under the workspace, if this is there , delete it . MTB will create a new one

2, open MTB, in the project explorer perspective , right click , select import , under general select "existing projects into workspace"

you will have to do this for both the mtb_shared folder and your application folder .

3, at the following screen , select the previous mentioned folders , one at a time ,

conradc2380_0-1673791057556.png

MTB will recognize the project , you don't need to select anything else  , click finish

4. the project will now show in the explorer pane.

5, only do a solution build once both the application folder and the mtb_shared folder is loaded

regards

C

0 Likes

Dear @conradc2380 ,

thanks for response. I tried these steps but still build process end with error:

make: *** [../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/main.mk:434: secondstage_build] Error 2
"C:/Users/xxx/ModusToolbox/tools_3.0/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_MAKE_IDE_VERSION=3.0 CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=C:/Users/xxx/ModusToolbox/tools_3.0 -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

23:58:14 Build Failed. 7269 errors, 452 warnings. (took 1m:31s.305ms)

Regards

Radim

0 Likes
conradc2380
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi Radim,

perhaps try the following after importing .

Delete the old project ,  then Re import the project , do not build it immediately , first click on the library manager , maybe this needs to be updated . After updating this , try to click on clean and build solution .

conradc2380_0-1673893723533.png

0 Likes
ravo
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 5 comments on blog 5 solutions authored

Dear @conradc2380 ,

I tried all steps but without success. It is terrible, that there is no specific function to Export/Import project or workspace. 

And now, I manually copied project folder, and it is working (can be compiled) on different machine... I have no Idea why it was not successful earlier. I tried many times earlier without success.

So definitely there should be some easier way. 

Regards

Radim

0 Likes
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

I am sorry you had this experience.

First, to be clear -- this is specific to Eclipse and not ModusToolbox in general. There are many ways to save BSPs and applications depending on what tools you want to use.

Second, we provide instructions for "sharing" or "Exporting" a project in the Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox user guide: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ModusToolbox_3.0_Eclipse_IDE_User_Guide-GettingStarted-v01_00... Sections 1.6 and 1.7.

In theory, you should be able to just copy the entire root directory for an Eclipse Workspace on one computer and paste it to another computer. Then, in Eclipse on the 2nd computer, simply open that Workspace. You just have to make sure you're pointing to the Workspace folder and not the application folder.

Good luck!

0 Likes
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @ravo ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes