Can't get correct Path fragment behavior in manifest.loc and super-manifest: Modus Toolbox 2.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
John_K
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 questions asked First like received

I am trying to utilize path 'fragments' as described in Modus Toolbox User Guide V2.3, section 6.2.3 Processing.

I have been unable to get the relative path  behavior according to the doc.

Attached is the  the table in the picture

manifest.PNG

Specifically, I want to insert a path fragment into the manifest.loc file, so that Modus  treats it as a relative path from the default home path in windows, aka C:/Users/username/.modustoolbox/  as described:

Append the directory in which manifest.loc resides (e.g.,
file:///c/Users/benh/.ModusToolbox/my/manifests/supermanifest.xml)

if I insert a line like this:

"local_manifests/eng/modus_manifest/jk-supermanifest.xml"

The Library manager errors with:

Found C:/Users/John_K/.modustoolbox/manifest.loc
Found user super-manifest(s):
file:///local_manifests/eng/modus_manifest/jk-super-manifest.xml
Processing super-manifest file:///local_manifests/eng/modus_manifest/jk-super-manifest.xml...
file:///local_manifests/eng/modus_manifest/jk-super-manifest.xml doesn't exist

If I modify manifest.loc to use the absolute path to the super manifest the library processes it correctly.

Getting manifests from remote server...
#################################################################################################### 100%
Found C:/Users/John_K/.modustoolbox/manifest.loc
Found user super-manifest(s):
file:///C:/Users/John_K/.modustoolbox/local_manifests/eng/modus_manifest/jk-super-manifest.xml
Processing super-manifest file:///C:/Users/John_K/.modustoolbox/local_manifests/eng/modus_manifest/jk-super-manifest.xml...

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @John_K ,

I am able to reproduce this error on my side. I have passed this on to the software team for evaluation. Please use absolute paths as a workaround until then. 

Thank you for pointing this out! 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @John_K ,

I am able to reproduce this error on my side. I have passed this on to the software team for evaluation. Please use absolute paths as a workaround until then. 

Thank you for pointing this out! 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes