CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W Project in ModusToolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mvpablo
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

As I understand from [1] there is Board Support Package (BSP) to create a new project in Modustoolbox for the kit  CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W

Instead, we have to  clone Amazon FreeRTOS and import the cypress projects for the board in Modustoolbox. 

Te issue with this approach is that FreeRTOS projects are a single  package with a several examples and it doesn't help to create a new single project for CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W

Is there any tutorial on how to create a single new project/applicaciont for CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W? 

Are you planing to add a BSP for CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W to Modustoolbox?

What if I already have an application for a PSoc 6 and I want to move migrate it to CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W to take advantage of the secturity features with AWS?

thanks

[1] https://community.cypress.com/t5/ModusToolbox-PSoC-6-SDK/CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W-in-ModusToolbox/m-p/1...

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @mvpablo ,

As mentioned in the thread, the kit CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W is supported only through the AWS Ecosystem. The board support package is not available in Project Creator currently. The screenshot in the thread you have linked seemed to indicate so, but that is using the internal unreleased libraries. They are not part of the official list that is available publicly as shown below:

DheerajK_81_0-1622803825872.png

Regarding the plan to add this BSP to ModusToolbox is in the works. I will let you know when it is available. There is no timeline on this.

The kit follows the AWS Flow, so you need to clone the AWS FreeRTOS libraries and then develop your application. You can find the getting started guide here. I agree it is a single package that comes with many examples but it is what it is, that's how AWS FreeRTOS has been designed. You can read more about the demo application here.

You can create your own application or modify existing ones and run it. It shouldn't be difficult. You can find extensive documentation on this here

>> What if I already have an application for a PSoc 6 and I want to move migrate it to CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W to take advantage of the secturity features with AWS?

If you have an application using the PSoC6 MCU ecosystem, you can migrate it to AWS ecosystem by adding them into the appropriate tasks and using FreeRTOS libraries wherever necessary. We have a couple of code examples you could refer to understand how to implement them. 

Hope this answers your query 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @mvpablo ,

As mentioned in the thread, the kit CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W is supported only through the AWS Ecosystem. The board support package is not available in Project Creator currently. The screenshot in the thread you have linked seemed to indicate so, but that is using the internal unreleased libraries. They are not part of the official list that is available publicly as shown below:

DheerajK_81_0-1622803825872.png

Regarding the plan to add this BSP to ModusToolbox is in the works. I will let you know when it is available. There is no timeline on this.

The kit follows the AWS Flow, so you need to clone the AWS FreeRTOS libraries and then develop your application. You can find the getting started guide here. I agree it is a single package that comes with many examples but it is what it is, that's how AWS FreeRTOS has been designed. You can read more about the demo application here.

You can create your own application or modify existing ones and run it. It shouldn't be difficult. You can find extensive documentation on this here

>> What if I already have an application for a PSoc 6 and I want to move migrate it to CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W to take advantage of the secturity features with AWS?

If you have an application using the PSoC6 MCU ecosystem, you can migrate it to AWS ecosystem by adding them into the appropriate tasks and using FreeRTOS libraries wherever necessary. We have a couple of code examples you could refer to understand how to implement them. 

Hope this answers your query 🙂

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @mvpablo

The CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W BSP is expected to be released by the end of this quarter or early next quarter.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
mvpablo
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Thanks Rakshith and Dheeraj

This is very useful 

0 Likes