CY_BUILD_app_postbuild Exception related to Image size on PSoC6 - 43012

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BiM_4640481
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am working on PSoC62S2-43012 kit with Modous tool Box. My requirement is to generate a bin file of the application to be uploaded to AWS, in order to work with the OTA application. 

I tried to generate the bin file  using Make file similar to the one present in the application AnyCloud_OTA_Using_HTTPS. But I am getting the following error:

self.check()File "C:\Users\USER\mtw\mtb_shared\anycloud-ota\release-v2.0.0\source\mcuboot\scripts\imgtool\image.py", line 214, in check
raise Exception(msg)
Exception: Image size (0x3fe8800) + trailer (0x12030) exceeds requested size 0x100000
make[1]: *** [libs/psoc6make/make/core/build.mk:556: CY_BUILD_app_postbuild] Error 1
make: *** [libs/psoc6make/make/core/main.mk:414: secondstage_build] Error 2

I tried changing the primary flash size. But the error doesn't gets resolved. I am attching the .elf file.  Can you provide me some inputs on the mentioned image size which is much higher than expected

Thanks,

Binsy M S

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Dheeraj,

I have attached elf file as capture.png and capture1.png in the previous post.

My issue is resolved. The unexpected size of bin file was because of the use of eeprom in our application. Eeprom offset is higher than the flash range. And when the file is converted from elf to bin , this gap is getting padded with zeros resulting in a huge bin file. As a fix I tried putting NOLOAD directive for the eeprom section in ota linker file. With this change, I am able to generate bin file .

Thanks,

Binsy M S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @BiM_4640481 ,

Can you please attach the Makefile of your application?  That will give us more insight into the issue. Also, seems like you missed attaching your elf file. 

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello Dheeraj,

I have attached elf file as capture.png and capture1.png in the previous post.

My issue is resolved. The unexpected size of bin file was because of the use of eeprom in our application. Eeprom offset is higher than the flash range. And when the file is converted from elf to bin , this gap is getting padded with zeros resulting in a huge bin file. As a fix I tried putting NOLOAD directive for the eeprom section in ota linker file. With this change, I am able to generate bin file .

Thanks,

Binsy M S

0 Likes