CE229112: Enable Python access to your WiFi

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MiRo_1387756
Level 2
Level 2
First question asked First reply posted First like received

Hi friends,

as I recently had problems to run the code example CE229112 (PSoC6+WiFi TCP Client), I figured out that Python access to Wifi was blocked per default by the Windows 10 Firewall Settings. Attached a guideline how to enable WiFi for Python scripts. Probably it helps you, too.

Afterwards the example runs fine.

Regards,

Mic Roller

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach

Dheeraj,

I have added some screenshots (good, fail) to the documentation.

On first glance it looks, that no data is received by the Python script. So nothing at all happens in that window. In the serial terminal there shows up an error message after some seconds the user-button SW2 was pressed.

Customers, who have not many network ecpereciece, first, may think about any software respectively tool setup problem.

So hopefully the document attached helps.

If running well, the code example is great to start with CY PSoC6 WiFI!

Regards,

Mic Roller

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Mic,

Yeah, you're right. If the firewall blocks access to the Python scripts, the method you described is the solution. Thank you for sharing it with the community.

Also, if you could share a screenshot of the error too, it would help. Glad it works for you now.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
lock attach

Dheeraj,

I have added some screenshots (good, fail) to the documentation.

On first glance it looks, that no data is received by the Python script. So nothing at all happens in that window. In the serial terminal there shows up an error message after some seconds the user-button SW2 was pressed.

Customers, who have not many network ecpereciece, first, may think about any software respectively tool setup problem.

So hopefully the document attached helps.

If running well, the code example is great to start with CY PSoC6 WiFI!

Regards,

Mic Roller

0 Likes