AnyCloud_BLE_Battery_Server project failed to work in MTB 2.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GaryLim
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked First like received 10 replies posted

I have been working on AnyCloud_BLE_Battery_Server project using PSoC6 Wifi-BT kit (CY8CKIT-062-Wifi-BT Pioneer kit)  from MTB version 2.2. When I upgraded the MTB to version 2.4, this project longer works correctly. In MTB version 2.4, the main function cannot be initialized properly. The project seems to hang at the following line.

result = wiced_bt_stack_init (app_bt_management_callback, &wiced_bt_cfg_settings);

When I try to get a newer version of this project from MTB 2.4 Project Creator, the AnyCloud_BLE_Battery_Server is no longer listed in the Template Application. 

Please advice. Thanks.

Regards,

Gary

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @GaryLim ,

This is expected since the newer version of the stack is not BWC with the older versions. Attached is an updated version of Battery Server example code that is tested to work with CY8CKIT-062-Wifi-BT Pioneer kit in MTB 2.4 with BTSTACK 3.2 (latest).

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
BragadeeshV

Hi @GaryLim ,

The latest version of the CE AnyCloud_BLE_Battery_Server  supports OTA using the anycloud-ota library. Currently, the OTA library does not support CY8CKIT-062-Wifi-BT kit and hence CY8CKIT-062-Wifi-BT kit is removed from the list of supported kits in the CE (See supported kits section of Readme). You should be able to still use the AnyCloud_BLE_Battery_Server example, remove OTA related sections and port it to CY8CKIT-062-Wifi-BT kit using Library manager. Let us know if you face any difficulties.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
GaryLim
Employee
Employee

For my case, I do not think OTA is causing the problem because my project is based on AnyCloud BLE battery server project release version 2.0 which does not have any OTA function.

https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-anycloud-ble-battery-server/tree/release-v2.0.0

Please have a look from this branch and advice what causes the stack to hang on Modustoolbox version 2.4 compared to Modustoolbox version 2.3.

Regards,

Gary

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @GaryLim , can you please let us know if you used the library manager to update the BTSTACK version to 3.X?

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
GaryLim
Employee
Employee

Hi Bragadeesh,

My BTSTACK version is still version 1.5. Should I update it so that the issue can be resolved?

Thanks.

Regards,

Gary

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @GaryLim ,

We recommend you to update to the latest version of the BTSTACK using the library manager and update your battery server project according to v3.0.0 version of the CE for proper functioning.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
lock attach
GaryLim
Employee
Employee

Hi Bragadeesh,

Attached a clean AnyCloud_BLE_Battery_Server_release_2 project. It can build using MTB version 2.4 using BTStack 1.5. However, after updating to BTStack 3.0, the project can no longer be built. Pls advice. 

Failed BuildFailed BuildBTStack updatedBTStack updatedOriginal BTStackOriginal BTStack

0 Likes
lock attach
BragadeeshV

Hi @GaryLim ,

This is expected since the newer version of the stack is not BWC with the older versions. Attached is an updated version of Battery Server example code that is tested to work with CY8CKIT-062-Wifi-BT Pioneer kit in MTB 2.4 with BTSTACK 3.2 (latest).

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes