Adding third-party libraries to CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W kit AWS ecosystem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
senfrost
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

I have code running but I need to do some hashing that is going to require a third-party library how do I add third party libraries into the AWS ecosystem that I have to use for the CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W kit 

Kind Regards

Senfrost

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Senfrost, 

Apologies for the delay in my response.
I cloned the repository that you have shared and added it to <amazon-freertos_directory>\projects\cypress\CY8CKIT_064S0S2_4343W\mtb\aws_demos\libraries\3rdparty\
ModusToolbox was able to automatically detect the library and pick it up for the build. As int128 is not supported you might have to modify/remove certain files. You could also add these files to .cyignore file. Please refer to Section 4.5.1.1 .cyignore in ModusToolbox User Guide for further details regarding this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith

Hi Senfrost, 

I believe you are using amazon-freertos with your CY8CKIT-064S0S2-4343W kit. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Can you please let me know the library that you are trying to add? I also found this thread that might help - https://forums.freertos.org/t/adding-3rd-party-library-in-aws-freertos/12118

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

I am trying to use the fnv library in order to use FNV-1a hashing and I don't know what I need to do to add the library into amazon-freertos

Kind Regards

Senfrost

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Senfrost, 

Apologies for the delay in my response.
I cloned the repository that you have shared and added it to <amazon-freertos_directory>\projects\cypress\CY8CKIT_064S0S2_4343W\mtb\aws_demos\libraries\3rdparty\
ModusToolbox was able to automatically detect the library and pick it up for the build. As int128 is not supported you might have to modify/remove certain files. You could also add these files to .cyignore file. Please refer to Section 4.5.1.1 .cyignore in ModusToolbox User Guide for further details regarding this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes