Adding Kits to Project Creator (or Modus Toolbox)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaWa_4506761
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I'm using ModusToolbox 2.0. I've tried running ProjectCreator and creating a new application in the ModusToolbox IDE. In both cases, my kit is missing but I see it listed in the ProjectCreator documentation on page 2, namely, CYW943012P6EVB-01. How do I add it to my ProjectCreator?

More generally, is there a way to create a kit template for a board with a desired MCU and Connectivity Device?

I tried ModusToolbox 1.1 and found the option to create a CustomApp which gave me more control over what I was putting together. I saw a video tutorial (Welcome to ModusToolbox: #1 Creating New Applications - YouTube ) showing an option for a CustomApp when creating an Application which looked different from what I saw in 1.1 and 2.0 doesn't have a custom app option at all. Does ModusToolbox 2.0 support custom apps?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

I think the confusion here is that the kit is available and supported in WICED but it is not supported in ModusToolbox. I know that seems strange but the reason is that we do not (YET) support Wi-Fi applications in the ModusToolbox ecosystem. We do currently support Wi-Fi in the Mbed and Amazon FreeRTOS ecosystems and that kit is supported in Mbed today. Sorry this is a bit confusing right now... we do expect to enable Wi-Fi in our ecosystem very soon.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ChristopherF_51
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello, I've been told that the kit you have is not released yet, and I do not know when it will be released. That's why is it not showing up in the tool.

In ModusToolbox 2.0, a lot of stuff has changed from 1.1.  In the meantime, please have a look at this document:

CYW9P62S1-43012EVB-01 BSP (BSP User Guide). I know it is not the same kit as you listed, but it should help understand how things work now.

Thank you for the link. I will say that my kit is available in WICED.

0 Likes

If I could just create a custom app, I could move forward even without the official release. Truth be told, I just need an app for the PSoC62 and the 43012.

0 Likes

Yes, I am told this board is supported in WICED.

0 Likes
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

I think the confusion here is that the kit is available and supported in WICED but it is not supported in ModusToolbox. I know that seems strange but the reason is that we do not (YET) support Wi-Fi applications in the ModusToolbox ecosystem. We do currently support Wi-Fi in the Mbed and Amazon FreeRTOS ecosystems and that kit is supported in Mbed today. Sorry this is a bit confusing right now... we do expect to enable Wi-Fi in our ecosystem very soon.

Thanks Mark!  Sorry for adding to the confusion.

0 Likes

Is there a plan to allow custom apps in MT 2.0 (they're available in 1.1)?

0 Likes

CJF_51​ I don't think you added to the confusion. What is confusing is for a newcomer to discern which dev environments are for which situations. Your answers and @MarkS_11 answers have cleared that up some.