Cannot connect to AWS IoT using mBED example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlRo_1301416
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First like given

I've been working on this for a couple hours now, and I think I've found the root of the issue. When using mbed-os-example-aws-iot-client/publisher, the aws_config.h shows examples for how the credentials should look. The private key and root cert are fine, but the client cert is not the correct length.

mbedissue.png

I am not sure if AWS have changed the client certificate format, but this is the only thing I can find that is causing the errors I am getting:

mbedissue2.png

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated! I also tried using the FreeRTOS example but was having the same issue -- in that case, the error was more specific and said TLS had failed. This would make sense if the code is only sending part of the certificate, instead of the entire thing. I'm not sure if maybe the code is expecting us to convert the xxxxxxxxx-certificate.pem.crt file into a different format, but nowhere in the instructions does it say to do so?

Having the same issue with both the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W and the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT.

Cheers,

Alexander

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlRo_1301416
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved.

I missed out on the "Creating a policy" step. It might be a good idea to put a reminder of this in the README! Just ensure that a policy is created and attached to the certificate you created for the thing.

Facepalming over here. Oh well, at least it's working now. Thanks for the help, RaktimR_11

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Have you updated the thing name and the endpoint address as well?

I am attaching my aws_config.h in a private message that has been working for me. Can you check with that and see if you are still getting the error?

Hi there -- I have indeed set up the correct endpoint and thing name. I saw a message from you, but I can't see any attachment.

0 Likes
AlRo_1301416
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved.

I missed out on the "Creating a policy" step. It might be a good idea to put a reminder of this in the README! Just ensure that a policy is created and attached to the certificate you created for the thing.

Facepalming over here. Oh well, at least it's working now. Thanks for the help, RaktimR_11

0 Likes