CY8CPROTO-062-4343W SoftAP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dog-one
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Has anyone successfully coded and ran a SoftAP application on the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W prototype board?

I've tried every possible avenue I can think of to no avail.

Mbed OS 5.12:  Negative

WICED Studio 6.2.1:  Negative

Modus Toolbox 1.1:  Negative

I did manage to get the WiFi scanner sample to work on mbed OS 5.12.2, but that's as close as I could come and this platform clearly can only handle station-mode though I suspect the libwiced_drivers.a library has the function calls, however there are no header files to use them.

I don't see anything in the LBEE5KL1DX data sheet that would indicate it is not capable of being configured as an Access Point.  Looks to me to be purely a lack of code.  Am I to conclude:  This is a homework assignment for the purchaser of these prototyping kits?

This is really frustrating because I can see all the WWD code in WICED Studio that surely should be able to properly communicate with this WiFi chip and configure it as needed.  I'm really hoping I'm just missing the obvious here, but so far, nothing but walls.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The Wiced Soft AP Libraries are still not exposed on the Mbed platform. The work on getting them integrated is still in progress and will be made available soon.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The Wiced Soft AP Libraries are still not exposed on the Mbed platform. The work on getting them integrated is still in progress and will be made available soon.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Excellent news!

If there is anything I can do to expedite this process, please sign me up.  I'll code, document, test, whatever you need.  I have a box full of these CY8CPROTO-062-4343W kits sitting here on my bench waiting to come to life.

I would assume the necessary firmware blob for the D11 core has everything needed during DHD init.  Hopefully the WICED library is complete too.  Then as you say, we just need to expose the function calls and we should be in business.

Looking through all the WICED code, seems to me the biggest hurdle is ensuring all the RTOS statements are converted over to mbed OS.  One could probably follow the API path set by the Odin-W2 to make everything compliant.

One other thing that needs to be looked at:  The latest version of mbed OS 5.12.3 seems to chew up too much memory for this CY8CPROTO-062-4343W board.  That will need to be resolved before new code gets pushed in.

M@

VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

The firmware here is compatible with the WWD driver of Wiced ecosystem.

>>This is really frustrating because I can see all the WWD code in WICED Studio that surely should be able to properly communicate with this WiFi chip and configure it as needed.

What you are inferring is absolutely true. They is no issue in LBEE5KL1DX  running as SoftAp. Its just that the middleware that ties the mbed headers to wwd driver apis for softap is not yet been pushed to mbed mainline that is open.

>>One could probably follow the API path set by the Odin-W2 to make everything compliant.

Yes you could do that but The softap APIs have to be tied to the mbed top layer stack libraries(libwiced_driver.a).  This effort is already in progress and should be pushed into mainline soon.

Regards,

Vinayak

0 Likes

Not yet:

Releases | Mbed

Maybe next year.  Guessing this is pretty low priority.

0 Likes