Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FelixDiff
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First solution authored First reply posted

Hi everybody,

using the uiO-Stick for Flash programming I recently runned into an error.
Former Hex-Files for flash programming worked well. We are using the Infineon TLE9879QXW40 and FastLIN programming.

Now we have the first hex-file, which includes the 124kB of Flash as well as the 4kB of EEPROM. So we need to flash the complete 128kB.
When trying to read this hex-file into "IFX ePower BootStrapLoader" the error "user LOAD        invalid hex file [0x11000000 ... 0x1101FFFF]" occurs.

I also recognized, that with the functions "erase" and "read out" in the BootStrapLoader tool I am not able to access the EEPROM addresses 0x1101F000 ... 0x1101FFFF.

What is needed to enable flashing of hex-file including full 128kByte, Flash inclusive EEPROM? Or even to access the EEPROM with uiO-Stick?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @Krupashankar ,

thanks for your attempt. But meanwhile I got feedback from HITEX, the developer of this Infineon Tool:

The tool only supports flash. When the tool was developed, there were no chips with EEPROM. Therefore, the support is not provided.
To program the EEPROM, one must proceed in 2 steps.
First, you load a program with the EEPROM data into the flash and start it. The program should then program the EEPROM. In the second stage, the actual application is loaded into the flash.

So the Tool just do not support EEPROM...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @FelixDiff,

Thanks for Posting the Infineon Community.

Could you please make sure have you initialized the EEPROM section in MAP RAM?

You Could refer to section : 5.4.1 NVM Data sector handling of the document BootROM User Manual

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Hi @Krupashankar ,

thanks for your attempt. But meanwhile I got feedback from HITEX, the developer of this Infineon Tool:

The tool only supports flash. When the tool was developed, there were no chips with EEPROM. Therefore, the support is not provided.
To program the EEPROM, one must proceed in 2 steps.
First, you load a program with the EEPROM data into the flash and start it. The program should then program the EEPROM. In the second stage, the actual application is loaded into the flash.

So the Tool just do not support EEPROM...